DX11 built Nvidia users ( I fixed my FPS issues.)

OK guys, I fixed my FPS issues.
Just copy and paste the same stuff in your NVIDIA Panel.

Attachments

• snip 1.PNG
    snip 1.PNG
    187.7 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Snip 2.PNG
    Snip 2.PNG
    182.6 KB · Views: 1,072
  • Snip 3.PNG
    Snip 3.PNG
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,068
The key settings is:
Maximum pre-rendered frames set to:1
Virtual Reality Pre-rendered frames set to :1

In the menu: Circuit details to :Medium. Too much environement to process. It will gladly improve FPS in with DX11.

Last edited:
Just set it back to default. Use AA level 1 and texture filtering at x2 ingame.
You'll get the same results as you have now. :D

Setting max-prerendered frames at 1. This is harmless. You can do that of you wish.

Keep in mind tweaking with nvidia will screw up your shader cache.

you can enable shader cache in the Nvidia Panel!?

Max rendered frames reduces input lag and boost my FPS by really much with most games.

GiJs Van... you were right! So. I restored the Nvidia Panel to no input. Just used the Video Settings Anti Aliasing level 2. No Post effects , which is total overreflective bloomy garbage :) Just like lipstick on a pig.

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 569
As for now: AA level 1-2, single screen and post fx off ==> compare this with the same settings in DX9.
You'll notice a preformance increase with +/- 15% in DX11.
You can add post fx at low and you'll get a beter look with the same preformance as DX9.

AA level1 and post fx at low are the vanilla settings when you first launche the DX11 beta version.

That's the stage DX11 is at the moment: beta...

Multi-view, AA levels 3-5 and higher post fx setting will come with a preformance drop big time.

Extreem bloom: To make post fx at ultra work as intented the pigs needs to be cleaned up first. ==> content need to be updated to be "Post FX ready". Beta DX11 comes with a few updated cars and tracks ready to do this. Other content need to be fine tunned first according these guidelines:
==> https://www.studio-397.com/guidelines-for-artists/

If textures are washy/blurry: With a TitanX you can set texture filtering at x16 with no big preformance loss. Texture filtering ingame ofcourse. Loading time might be a bit longer at first because the rF2 shader cache (not Vcache) will up-date with your new settings. This won't happen or go wrong if you override things with nvidia or reshader.

BTW: Frankenstein is created by a guy who thought he could do a better job, but didn't think about the consequences. ;)

Last edited:
haahahahahha! Totally right about Frankeinstein! :laugh:The game will vastly improves with time. We got overexcited with this beta update!:poop: I was dreamin about Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 having a baby!:inlove: Did you try MFAA with AA level 1? The post effects are way too reflective and gloomy! I can't imagine with VR on! I will spend the week playing with the settings... I see some increases of performance on some tracks but huge setbacks on others like Road America. Awaiting only DX 11 optimized content. It seems that Rfactor2 will never get rid of that Gettho commodore 64 washy looks!

haahahahahha! Totally right about Frankeinstein! :laugh:The game will vastly improves with time. We got overexcited with this beta update!:poop: I was dreamin about Assetto Corsa and Rfactor 2 having a baby!:inlove: Did you try MFAA with AA level 1? The post effects are way too reflective and gloomy! I can't imagine with VR on! I will spend the week playing with the settings... I see some increases of performance on some tracks but huge setbacks on others like Road America. Awaiting only DX 11 optimized content. It seems that Rfactor2 will never get rid of that Gettho commodore 64 washy looks!

Post FX are totally fine if you test content that has been updated to DX11 standards (aka not mods). If you drive lots of mods just turn post FX off like @Gijs van Elderen told, should look fine with DX9 content.

Post FX are totally fine if you test content that has been updated to DX11 standards (aka not mods). If you drive lots of mods just turn post FX off like @Gijs van Elderen told, should look fine with DX9 content.

Gloomy effects are fine but they don't match the actual quality of the texture and graphics. They will be fine in Assetto Corsa but common! The new Nola Motosports Park circuit was made in 2017 but looks total garbage. Gray/ Green/Ugly and square. Even if you gloom the stuff out. It is still :poop:.:roflmao: Some Maps in the first DOOM were done better! haahah

Last edited:
Don't touch the Nvidia Panel at all. Just don't. If you did, just hit restore to delete all the input.Then get the game going. Hit Settings, Video Settings then match your resolution. Set AA x1 and Post effects x1. The you done!

And does it finally actually look good with no motion artifacts using only multisampling? People went for the video card control panel since the beginning of rFactor because supersampling or SGSS was the only way to get the thing to look decent while the car was in motion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back