DW12 IndyCar League?

Thats nice, if you are in clean air Indy is super easy. Just flat out the whole lap.

Jip, I watched the replay of the race. Most incidents were due to understeer in dirty air. Guys had major understeer and refused to throttle off or to late, So they skidded out to the guy on the outside or into the wall.

I had made a setup battling with AI. In clean air it could be a bit light on the tail in T3 and i was few tenth slower in practice and qualli. But I had no trouble holding my line in dirty air in the race. I made 5th gear the general gear in clean air and 6th gear for drafting. I had a topspeed of 393km/h. :geek:. and i had 4th gear close to 5th so i could quickly recover and speed up again. :thumbsup: I got from P14 to P4 in 10 laps. :cool:

Hot lapping and racing are 2 different things on an Oval. :whistling:

Jip, I watched the replay of the race. Most incidents were due to understeer in dirty air. Guys had major understeer and refused to throttle off or to late, So they skidded out to the guy on the outside or into the wall.

I had made a setup battling with AI. In clean air it could be a bit light on the tail in T3 and i was few tenth slower in practice and qualli. But I had no trouble holding my line in dirty air in the race. I made 5th gear the general gear in clean air and 6th gear for drafting. I had a topspeed of 393km/h. :geek:. and i had 4th gear close to 5th so i could quickly recover and speed up again. :thumbsup: I got from P14 to P4 in 10 laps. :cool:

Hot lapping and racing are 2 different things on an Oval. :whistling:
Yes, I needed to rethink that as well. In qualy you don't want a clean lap. You want a fast guy ahead, that you can follow to get a good draft.

I have a similar setup to jump between gears and if you follow a car you have to go at least a bit of throttle, because you get more speed on the straight and less front downforce.
You can as well play with the front and rear anti rollbar. I dont recommend the rear. I have it detached and once I put it 1 click up the car is extremely loose.

I was looking in to running a series myself fairly soon. With a human driving safety cars and LOTS of test events on ovals because the event the other night with almost as many cautions and race laps is not ok at all. So test races so people learn what to do would be needed in any series and people who kept crashing would need to keep trying till they stop crashing.

I was looking in to running a series myself fairly soon. With a human driving safety cars and LOTS of test events on ovals because the event the other night with almost as many cautions and race laps is not ok at all. So test races so people learn what to do would be needed in any series and people who kept crashing would need to keep trying till they stop crashing.

The PC safety car did its job fine. You can alter its speed in the RFM file. I think it was 100km/h by default. I set it to 160km/h. But a human driver is more fun. :cool:

But the thing i want to figure out is the positions at the start and restart. Everybody has to be on there correct position!!! :mad:
If one driver is not on his position. He creates a SnG penalty for the driver who should be following him at the restart or when he enters the pit.

So if you have the warning: "you are ahead of the car you should be following." You can not enter the pit and only hope he is back on time before the restart.

About the amount of cautions: It was out of my hands :unsure:. I didn't expect 15 incidents in a 40 lap (+/-30min) race on a roundabout. :barefoot:

I'd love to race the indy car. I think we have enough tracks to do a good series, but I would start with the best 4 tracks we can get and if there is interest maybe take a couple of weeks break and continue it with another 4 tracks.

If I can make a suggestion, I would schedule this series in a friendlier USA time since a lot of US drivers may be interested, but many could not make weekdays euro times.

Weekend races around 20:00GMT or even 21:00 would probably be doable for both Europe and US

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back