1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dual install

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by C-B, Jul 22, 2015.

1. C-B

C-B

Ratings:
    +0
    I already have GSCE non steam, If I was to purchase a 2nd copy on steam for the purpose of testing the Beta DLC from the crowd funding. Can I still run the non steam version on the same computer ?

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +759
    Yes & Yes many of us do this :thumbsup:
    No need to purchase just use your Reiza code on steam + add a game, bottom left hand corner
    activate a product on steam.

3. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +146
    Yes, I believe he does need to purchase/pledge. Existing owners who haven't contributed to the campaign ( it's level 2 or above ) don't have access to beta builds.

4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +759
    @C-B Sorry for confusion, was thinking along the lines of a basic Steam install
    Jan is correct on the beta DLC format.

5. C-B

C-B

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Paul and Jan
    I have already pledged towards the fund at level 2, but I have not changed to a stem install.
    so I was asking if I upgrade my pledge to obtain a steam copy of GSCE can I then run both copys and just use the steam copy for testing the Betas

6. Kevin Endermann

Kevin Endermann

Ratings:
    +14
    This confuses me...
    So I need the steam copy to get the Beta updates?
    Just updated to Level 7 from 5 which has DVD copies instead of the digital.
    And my old codes (Formula Truck incl.) don't work on Steam

7. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +759
  8. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Ratings:
    +421
    Hello, we mentioned that in one of the updates, but the beta will be Steam-only. They will also be a separate application, so it doesn't matter whether you already own SCE on Steam or the standalone version - the beta will not change your current install. This means that if you currently do not have a Steam account, you'll need to set one up.

The downside is that you'll have to download the whole game again, of course, but unfortunately there's no way around that - it's much safer this way, given that people tend to mod their games, etc., and we need to ensure that everyone in the beta has a similar experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. C-B

C-B

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the explanation, sounds good