1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Dual install

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by C-B, Jul 22, 2015.

1. C-B

C-B

I already have GSCE non steam, If I was to purchase a 2nd copy on steam for the purpose of testing the Beta DLC from the crowd funding. Can I still run the non steam version on the same computer ?

2. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Yes & Yes many of us do this :thumbsup:
    No need to purchase just use your Reiza code on steam + add a game, bottom left hand corner
    activate a product on steam.

3. Yes, I believe he does need to purchase/pledge. Existing owners who haven't contributed to the campaign ( it's level 2 or above ) don't have access to beta builds.

4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

@C-B Sorry for confusion, was thinking along the lines of a basic Steam install
    Jan is correct on the beta DLC format.

5. C-B

C-B

Thanks Paul and Jan
    I have already pledged towards the fund at level 2, but I have not changed to a stem install.
    so I was asking if I upgrade my pledge to obtain a steam copy of GSCE can I then run both copys and just use the steam copy for testing the Betas

6. This confuses me...
    So I need the steam copy to get the Beta updates?
    Just updated to Level 7 from 5 which has DVD copies instead of the digital.
    And my old codes (Formula Truck incl.) don't work on Steam

7. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

8. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Hello, we mentioned that in one of the updates, but the beta will be Steam-only. They will also be a separate application, so it doesn't matter whether you already own SCE on Steam or the standalone version - the beta will not change your current install. This means that if you currently do not have a Steam account, you'll need to set one up.

The downside is that you'll have to download the whole game again, of course, but unfortunately there's no way around that - it's much safer this way, given that people tend to mod their games, etc., and we need to ensure that everyone in the beta has a similar experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. C-B

C-B

Thanks for the explanation, sounds good