1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DTM Youtube channel: A whole series of promo vids.

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Vaughn Stegeman, Mar 29, 2014.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yeah DTM has really embraced new media to air their own series but also focus on their partners. The way to interest motorsport fans for sim racing :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I look forward to DTM-US and hope it does well over here.
    I just wish more manufacturers would get into DTM, like it was in the late 80s to mid 90s

3. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Its not about manufacturers, its about the regulations. DTM became so complicated that any slight touching breaks the nice aero package and the driver can consider retiring since the car isn't competitive if a canard or a wingled breaks off.

Racing should revert to Class 1 and Class 2 touring cars. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hmm . ... but DTM is one of the rubbingest bangiest touring car series there is. :O_o:

5. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Also, in the 80's-90's, wasnt there just MBenz, BMW, Audi and Alfa Romeo? Those who had funding to be competititve atleast... About the same ammount as now.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Add Opel and you have a real all German TC series :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well there was Opel, Volvo, and I seem to recall Ford as well. IIRC there were like 6 or 7 manufacturers in the original DTM series.
    http://www.dtm.com/de/Historie/DTM-Saison-1988/index.html