F1 2011 Dry Line looks blocky

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
As the title suggests, as wet races are drying out and the dry line appears the texture seems very blocky, anyone else seeing this? Everything else in the game looks great at Max its just the road texture on dry line, like an old 90s blocky texture :

Hope theres a solution. Thanks in advance.

The rubbering in of the track is awful. Blocky & pixelated, especially in the rain, & looks like a kid drew it in with a square tipped marker pen. No excuse to have lapse 1970's gfx rendering in a 2011 DX11 release...Its ruining the whole experience for the majority. Was it a beta render that got left in the finished game by CM Devs?... Needs to be resolved in a patch, like a proper patch, not some half-assed line of code flung out into the community. :rolleyes:

Nope, even after Patch 2, CM have failed yet again to address a glaringly obvious issue. Patch 2 states: Graphics and performance: All Platforms - Numerous graphical improvements have been made. I find it odd since the drying line & rubbering of the track has been continually hyped by CodeMorons as a major & unique selling point of the F1 series, yet they have failed to render & code one of the key graphical points of the game, twice now.

Chequered.gif

:D

The fix for this is easy. Just go to documents/my games/FormulaOne2011/hardwaresettings
then open the hardware_settings_config with WordPad, scroll down to the bottom of the page and add this line.

<track_info_system type="gpu" />

So it looks like this.

<led_display nativeSupport="true" />
</hardware_settings_config>

put it in the second line up from the bottom.

Don't forget to make a backup first..

the dry line should now be back to normal.

Huh... That looks awfully similar to fixing missing rain puddles in F1 2010. Thing is - back then it noticeably hit the computer performance.
This time apparently it just changes the way the dry line looks, so I don't think it should affect the FPS much (unless even a blocky dry line kills your GPU), but... does it?
I'm at work atm, so I can't test it :mad:

This does not work for me. The performance is better, The stuttering in the corners has gone for me.
But there are now flickering track tiles all over the track. On the screenshot you can see what i mean. I have adjusted the contrast for a better visibility.

You see the brighter track tiles? They are flickering all the way in wet and in dry conditions.

The fix for this is easy. Just go to documents/my games/FormulaOne2011/hardwaresettings
then open the hardware_settings_config with WordPad, scroll down to the bottom of the page and add this line.

So it looks like this.

<led_display nativeSupport="true" />
</hardware_settings_config>

put it in the second line up from the bottom.

Don't forget to make a backup first..

the dry line should now be back to normal.

It works don't worry about that. Expect a fps hit of about 5 to 10 fps. And i am Oc at 4.1 ghz.

But to me it's more than worth it, thank you.

Dry line not blocky..jpg

This does not work for me. The performance is better, The stuttering in the corners has gone for me.
But there are now flickering track tiles all over the track. On the screenshot you can see what i mean. I have adjusted the contrast for a better visibility.

You see the brighter track tiles? They are flickering all the way in wet and in dry conditions.
I get the same while playing DX11. When I changed to DX9 the track stopped flickering.

The fix dropped my frames in benchmark from 59 fps avg. to 40 avg. using a GTX 570 and Phenom II 965 BE. The funny thing is, that with the line added to hardware config, my gpu usage "drops" from 88% to around 70% which is strange considering the gpu should be more working.

Before i did that change i was playing the game with 170 fps + right now after i addded this to the file,i am getting only 37 fps this is unreal. for Tripple 580 GTX SLI + 2600k 5.3Ghz OC -_- ........

Why a triple 580 setup?

Why that much power?

Planning on launching a strike against another country or something?

:eek:

:p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%