1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DRS light not working in multiplayer

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Mateusz Najda, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hi guys. I have a problem with the DRS light not working in online sessions (it works in every offline mode though). Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Here's a video of this problem:

2. Yeah, it doesn't work for me too. It's not your game that is bugged. It's just how CM have made it. =/

3. Works fine for me. Do you guys use any high-res steering wheel textures?

Btw - gdzieś ty znalazł w jednym miejscu tylu Polaków? :O_o: Ja póki co spotkałem w grze... dwóch.

4. I have no idea what you said, but I use original textures only. I play the game maxed out (I think :D )

5. Yeah I found it didn't work online so at Spa I had to look backwards every time I exit Radillon to be sure I have opened the DRS. Pretty annoying...

6. It might be hard to tell on slow tracks, but at Spa I think all you need is the sound of the air (it's much quieter with DRS open) and your car's speed.

7. You can use [RDDev] Simple OSD (only b_osd to remove rpm/gear section) and your favorite cockpit cam mod.

Attached Files:

8. FeederLeague.pl :)

9. I don't like those bars. I don't even use them in T-Cam :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

This seems to be an issue with driver 2 in co-op mode. Driver 1 has the DRS light... driver 2 does not. lol strange
    There is also an issue with it in online races.
    I'm glad they added the chime in with one of the patches.

11. You don't like bars for DRS, but... like bars for Fuel/Laps/etc on your right mirror? :)

OK, but we have no choice for DRS in cockpit view at the moment and bars are a little better than look back to ensure DRS is active. Thanks Codemasters for this. :mad:

12. I now this may sound strange. Specifically I don't like KERS bar and speed bar. They just annoy me. :) Anyway, I'll give it a try and see if it suits me. Thanks for bringing it up :thumbsup:

13. Ok, I took a look during today's race and... you're right! There's no DRS light. Dafuq? :O_o:

14. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I thought we had that discussion before. :|

• Like Like x 1
  15. We did, that's why it was just a "btw" question as a side note to the main one (in English) :p
    Ok, ok, I'll behave now :whistling:

16. DRS-light in cockpit view works when you're hosting the race.

17. It was flagged up to Codies on the forums; apparently they didn't realise DRS availability notifications (the beep) and the light were broken. We assumed it was some perverse, intended design as something so obvious wouldn't have been broken by mistake and not then caught and fixed in QA.

Guess what -- it completely slipped through QA and made it into gold. Sometimes, rapid prototyping? A little too rapid.