• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRS light not working in multiplayer

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Mateusz Najda, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Mateusz Najda

Mateusz Najda

Ratings:
    +225
    Hi guys. I have a problem with the DRS light not working in online sessions (it works in every offline mode though). Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Here's a video of this problem:

2. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +481
    Yeah, it doesn't work for me too. It's not your game that is bugged. It's just how CM have made it. =/

3. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    Works fine for me. Do you guys use any high-res steering wheel textures?

Btw - gdzieś ty znalazł w jednym miejscu tylu Polaków? :O_o: Ja póki co spotkałem w grze... dwóch.

4. Kristian Nenov

Kristian Nenov

Ratings:
    +481
    I have no idea what you said, but I use original textures only. I play the game maxed out (I think :D )

5. Victor Ivanov

Victor Ivanov

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Yeah I found it didn't work online so at Spa I had to look backwards every time I exit Radillon to be sure I have opened the DRS. Pretty annoying...

6. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    It might be hard to tell on slow tracks, but at Spa I think all you need is the sound of the air (it's much quieter with DRS open) and your car's speed.

7. Andrey Varlamov

Andrey Varlamov

Ratings:
    +22
    You can use [RDDev] Simple OSD (only b_osd to remove rpm/gear section) and your favorite cockpit cam mod.

Attached Files:

8. Mateusz Najda

Mateusz Najda

Ratings:
    +225
    FeederLeague.pl :)

9. Mateusz Najda

Mateusz Najda

Ratings:
    +225
    I don't like those bars. I don't even use them in T-Cam :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,375
    This seems to be an issue with driver 2 in co-op mode. Driver 1 has the DRS light... driver 2 does not. lol strange
    There is also an issue with it in online races.
    I'm glad they added the chime in with one of the patches.

11. Andrey Varlamov

Andrey Varlamov

Ratings:
    +22
    You don't like bars for DRS, but... like bars for Fuel/Laps/etc on your right mirror? :)

OK, but we have no choice for DRS in cockpit view at the moment and bars are a little better than look back to ensure DRS is active. Thanks Codemasters for this. :mad:

12. Mateusz Najda

Mateusz Najda

Ratings:
    +225
    I now this may sound strange. Specifically I don't like KERS bar and speed bar. They just annoy me. :) Anyway, I'll give it a try and see if it suits me. Thanks for bringing it up :thumbsup:

13. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    Ok, I took a look during today's race and... you're right! There's no DRS light. Dafuq? :O_o:

14. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    I thought we had that discussion before. :|

• Like Like x 1
  15. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    We did, that's why it was just a "btw" question as a side note to the main one (in English) :p
    Ok, ok, I'll behave now :whistling:

16. Chicane500

Chicane500

Ratings:
    +622
    DRS-light in cockpit view works when you're hosting the race.

17. Christopher Woods

Christopher Woods

Ratings:
    +17
    It was flagged up to Codies on the forums; apparently they didn't realise DRS availability notifications (the beep) and the light were broken. We assumed it was some perverse, intended design as something so obvious wouldn't have been broken by mistake and not then caught and fixed in QA.

Guess what -- it completely slipped through QA and made it into gold. Sometimes, rapid prototyping? A little too rapid.