F1 2010 drop in framerate after updating GPU drivers.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
posted this on the official codemasters forums, but they seem less than supportive when it comes to issues, so I'll try posting here too.

my GPU is a ATI Radeon™ HD 5970, and since updating the drivers to the latest version, I have noticed a drop in framerate, mostly when video walls are in view, but generally overall.

with all the settings maxed as far as they could go, during benchmarking prior to updating, it never dropped below 60 FPS. now, with all the same settings, after benchmarking, it drops to 29FPS, and averages out at about 44 FPS. the drop in frame rate is visibly noticeable and has totally killed the enjoyment I got from the game beforehand.

is this a widely reported issue with the latest ATI/AMD drivers, or something I am experiencing alone?

also, is there any way of disabling trackside video walls? might as well try to disable the things I have no desire for first to see if I can get the framerate back to what it was.

there's no reason my card should not be able to comfortably run this game, there never was before.

When you were running the old drivers did you have the 3D & Graphics settings set to "Let the application decide" in your display settings window?

I always leave this option to "Let the application decide" I now only run Nvidia.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back