1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRM Revival @ Le Mans 1979 - Wednesday June 15th 2011

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Adam Eggbeer, Jun 9, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPT.COM DRM
    Mod: DRM Revival 1.1 (For those who have v1.0 you can patch to v1.1 HERE)
    Track: Le Mans 1979

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warm-up
    19:45 GMT: Race (1 Hour, Formation Lap + Rolling Start) (Read Note 3 for details)

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

1. We recommend you read the manual beforehand which gives details about how to set up the game and the cars within the mod. English Manual German Manual

2. Do not over-rev the engine, particularly when in 1st gear, as this can easily lead to a blown engine.

3. This race feature a rolling start. As the lap here is long, we will start from an earlier point (exit of turn 4). This means that once the light goes green the leader gradually speeds up to around 120 km/h (75mph) and drives at this pace until turn 4 (picture below). All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. If you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there. When exiting the turn 4 the leader can go full throttle and the rest of the pack follows. Overtaking is allowed as soon as you exit the corner. This will count as part of the 1 hour race.

Picture of turn 4 which leads onto the long straight.
    • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
    Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below!

2. As the lap here is long, we will start from an earlier point (exit of turn 4) instead of doing a full formation lap. Please read note 3 for all details. If you have any questions, please ask. :)
  3. Birthday Race :D
  4. How better to celebrate your birthday with a brake failure at the end of Mulsanne straight. :p
    Likely to happen with these cars. :D
  5. Is there a download that doesn't use megaupload?, got a few viruses off there recently.
  6. What does a 3:35 look like ? (Did about 4 laps, just to test)

Just want to know what the pace might be :)
  7. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

What do an airborne straight before Mulsanne look like? :)
  8. Bad ? :S

No but really, what do you mean by "airborn" ? How can you go airborn there !? XD
  9. sry but for some reason the track file wont unpack

d/l 3 times now and the same each time,any chance if an alternative d/l file

sorted now ran as admin
  10. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Raced against some AI's then suddenly a AI turned me around and my car went flying at the hill before Mulsanne.
  11. will this race have any time acceleration to simulate 24 hours? x25 maybe :)
  12. x24 you mean :)

And I don't know, this track is already very hard on computers so at night...
  13. Dont think you can get x24 unless I missed something, closest is x25. Remember, the field should be nicely spread out by the time it gets dark. Just an idea tho ;)
  14. Nope, it will all be run during the day. The mod already takes quite a bit of resources anyway. :)
  15. Hmmmm

This race has the potential to be trully EPIC! With such cars and this track.... Mouthwateringly good! :)
  16. Teemu Toikka

Teemu Toikka
    Not so Flying Finn

Can you tell what 19:45 GMT is in Finnish time?
  17. You are GMT +3

So official practice starts for you at 22:00 and the race at 22:45. :)
  18. Well, I'm planning on a waiting race to be honest... Fighting on La Sarthe with these monsters doesn't feel quite comfortable, especially for a 1 hour race and also because half the field will have engine problems anyway right ? :p
  19. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

TBH, Qual got nothing to say. There will be the cars slip streaming each other down a 4 km long straight, if that is boring I call you Mr.Tilke!