Driving With The Lights On

Chaps,

Just in case some may have missed it in the release notes.......

Enabling procedural headlights will cause your car's headlights (and only yours), to be generated procedurally using a shader, so that bumps affect the light cone somewhat. This is an experimental feature, but it is a neat effect. It's not quite done yet, but it is cool already.

In the renderer.ini file, ProceduralHeadlights are set to 0 by default. By changing the value to 1 (and then saving the file) will enable the feature referred to above.

Only a small tweak, but a worthwhile one IMO.

:cool:

Good find Daz. The renderer.ini file is located in your My Documents/iRacing folder, just in case you didn't know George. Just tested this out now. And I think I like the headlights with ProceduralHeadlights set to 1 (enabled). Like iRacing has stated that it is a experimental feature, but have noticed when I do go over bumps on track that the lights do move just like they would in real life. Although with it enabled I was staring at the lights more than the track, probably not a good thing while driving Sebring in the dark lol. If you do not like this setting all you have to do is change it back to 0 (default) and save the file again.

Deep in the PC?

Its a text file in your iRacing folder. It requires going no deeper than where you go to put car setups or paint jobs, lol.

Go to Documents and then open the iRacing folder. You will see the folders for Setups, Paint, Replay, Cache and Lapfiles. Below these you should see a selection of .ini files.

Open the renderer.ini file (usually with notepad) and you will see a number of initialisation commands. All you need to do is find the ProceduralHeadlights command (should be the third one down) and change the 0 to a 1 and then save the file.

Next time you fire up iRacing, you will have the headlight feature enabled.

Surely that ain't too difficult, lol.

:wink:

Thanks for the tip Daz :good:,
(small tip from my side,turn of the lights in the room,you can almost smell the rubber, :wink:lol)

I've been driving with all lights in the room turned off for 3 hours tonight, it was simply amazing!
A bit disappointing when the sun comes uo and you realize you are in your Playseat instead of being in a C6.R :eek: :-(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back