• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Driving/gaming seat

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Matthew Schofield, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Matthew Schofield

Matthew Schofield

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm in need of a new seat/chair for gaming, particularly for GT5. I've had a really good setup comprising a coffee table for mounting my DGFT on, and a beanbag for sitting my arse on. It's been really comfortable, and most importantly, my eye-line was perfectly on the horizon in GT5.

I only want to replace the beanbag, as it's changed shape with age and doesn't support my back anymore. I sadly don't have the space for a playseat or anything so exotic. Importantly, my bum needs to be only 8-10 inches off the floor to help keep my eye-line on the horizon. Has anyone got any suggestions/recommendations for a proper chair?

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,238
    I can't suggest anything I have direct experience with as I sit at a desk for all my gaming. My office style chair doesn't go low enough for your needs. I was looking at something you might be interested in a while back though. The only reason I didn't buy it is because I don't have any floor space available at the moment.

I-EX Bean Bag Gaming Chair

3. Matthew Schofield

Matthew Schofield

Ratings:
    +20
    Good find, cheers Ross! Wouldn't look too out of place stored in the living room either.

I somehow googled my way in to an online fishing store today and found quite a novel little chair - http://www.korum.co.uk/chairs.php

The Standard Accessory chair. You can get all sorts of bolt-on's for it (bars/poles etc...). Could probably build a full frame for the steering wheel to be mounted on. Straying into the oversize territory though.

4. Matthew Schofield

Matthew Schofield

Ratings:
    +20
    I've picked up the Korum Standard Accessory chair for £75. The beanbag looked tempting, but being able to take the korum chair outdoors made the decision. It's really well built, very comfortable and infinitely adjustable. It folds up flat like a deck chair too, so storage is great.

5. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :) Premium

Ratings:
    +420
    I've got one of them.... They are a brilliant bit of kit