• This Saturday: The Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans | Live
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Force Pro settings?

Discussion in 'F1 2014 - The Game' started by Ethanamoz, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Ethanamoz

Ethanamoz

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I got quite old DFP wheel, I bought it some years ago for PS2 and 90% of time I didn't use it. I tried Rfactor but I had problems with setting up my wheel properly. I decided to try F1 2014 than, and I got same problem. I get better times playing on keyboard, lol. But it's not only my bad cuz I feel really bad with current wheel seetings, I know there is something wrong.

First thing, degrees of rotation in logitech profiler. Default is 200 but that's too low. People were saying 520 or 450 but I have to rotate the wheel very long and it's impossible to play like that. Finally I tried 280 degrees and that's the best so far but probably could be better. What do you think?

Centering marked but on 0%. Allow game... marked.

I have read a lot of posts/threads and people were saying they play with everything on 0% ingame settings. I have no idea how is it possible, cuz if I stay on 0% I can't even make one corner. Car is moving very slow right/left on straight and wheels angle (I mean turning in the corner) is really small, I'm always too wide. So I have to set steering saturation on 50-60% not on 0% like people say. Linearity 0% or 100% no big difference on 280 degrees. And with steering saturation I can finally turn in corners but it's still not perfect.

So can you guys help me a little bit to set it up? I'd be very very grateful. And sorry for my english, I'm not good, thanks in advance.

2. Jonathan Rowland

Jonathan Rowland

Ratings:
    +240
    Have you got the override input device set to steering wheel in the advanced wheel settings? Not having it set to steering wheel is a common cause of issues

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +106
    i would not ever think about setting the rotation above 300 deg in CM F1 games :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ethanamoz

Ethanamoz

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone told me to set it on even 900 xD

Jonathan thanks a lot, I didn't know about that. Now is ok even with saturation on 0% but I have to set linearity on 50%. I'll try with different degrees between 200-280 and find best for me. Still would be nice to see your settings guys, especially ingame cuz I have no idea if it's worth to set deadzone and the rest. I practice on Australia Melbourne track, what's your hotlap on option tires, dry conditions? I saw 1:23:XXX and 1:24:XXX on youtube but I can't reach even 1:26 without little corner cutting ;D

5. Jonathan Rowland

Jonathan Rowland

Ratings:
    +240
    I don't use the same wheel as you, so can't help you with in game settings.

Can't remember my Melbourne times fully, but a 1:26 doesn't seem bad from what I can recall. Not played 2014 in a while, assetto corsa has taken my racing time up recently

6. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +106
    well i can only barely Drive 1:26 times on Melbourne and i have almost the same wheel as you (Driving Force GT )