Drivers heads camera, making it better?

Is there any way we can improve the camera SMD for the drivers head?

I often wonder why it doesn't feel real when driving and it's because my head isn't an SMD camera.

It rocks forward when I brake, and tilts up when I accelerate. It's subtle, but it changes the outlook on the road and the appearance of pitching etc.

In theory, the offset_to point could be used at the drivers bottom, and then rotate the camera 90deg to look forward again, so the camera is now on the end of a line pivoting about the base of the seat.
Et voila, you brake hard and the head moves forward but also looks down. Corner and it leans a bit left and right, rather than just staying flat and moving left/right.

Tweak to how you feel it should be.

Just looked at FM3, GT5 and rFactor (rFactor camera for driver has many more controls), and they all do this effect more and it adds lots of realism.

Hmmmm

What he's saying is that the answer is right there in front of you! He's saying is that the code is already in the racer.ini and you just have to change enable=0 to 1.

And no, it's not working here either :)

ohh that what he was pointing on xD lol

and yes, it's failed to work :(

Well a physics based drivers head view -complete with "look to apex function" with sliders affecting parameters for different cars would be amazing.
Just look at games like the Gtr series ,especially gtr evo and race on ,lfs ,iracing and through not a simulator nfs shift(As it was made by ex sim bin stuff.The look to apex can be easily implemented with having the angle of view affected by the angle of turning the wheel and by the speed the car is moving.(If the car is stopped there shouldn't be any look to apex or if the car is very slowly moving ).Also angle of view would be great(That is affected by the steep angle the car is at as the body of the driver moves to the side of the car -when the car banks left or right.)

Look to apex won't work if there isn't an apex hehe :D

I just want a camera that does what Alex says... stays nice and smooth... it just needs a rocking motion capability.

You can kind of achieve this by having the offset and offset_to as the head and drivers bottom, the camera then leans about the drivers bottom nicely... however, it won't work because the angle offsets seem disabled for SMD cameras, so I can't turn the camera to point out of the car... doh.

If it wasn't for that issue, then I could get this working fairly nicely :(

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back