1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Drivable terrain problems in rFactor

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by cmartin, May 2, 2011.

1. cmartin

cmartin

Ratings:
    +0
    i have used btb for about 2 years now but for some reason my last 3 tracks have had unusual problems. i dont think i have done anything any differently but here is my situation. i create dirt oval tracks. i like to split the track into 2 or 3 terrains all with different grip amounts to try to achieve multiple racing lines through the corners. in my last 3 tracks i always have 1 or 2 of the terrains non drivable. i can pull onto the track and run the top but as i try to move to the middle or bottom of the track my car goes into nuetral and resets me back on to the top of the track.

i scrapped the first track this happened on and started fresh. using different materials and yet i still had the same problems

2. cmartin

cmartin

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ql2tyrcqf19t1ae here is a link to the track if you would like to try it . you will need to create a xxx folder in your locations and drop this in along with a generic btb sky file

3. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
    Check in BTB that the materials ([​IMG]) each have 'rfactor material name' set.

4. cmartin

cmartin

Ratings:
    +0
    yes, as usual i reset the names to top, middle, and bottom. then in the tdf file i change the roaddrygrip values, then i also change the road to top, middle, or bottom

5. cmartin

cmartin

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone have any ideas?

6. R Soul

R Soul

Ratings:
    +190
    Everything looks fine. I've even tried splitting the track into three gmts for each material, and there's car still resets. In BTB, make sure you haven't accidentally put a space in the material property. That's all I can think of.

7. cmartin

cmartin

Ratings:
    +0
    everything looks normal on my end, this one really has me puzzled. i created a new track today from scratch and still the same problem. but if i go back and change the track to 1 texture, leave it as roada, everything works fine

8. RT1971

RT1971

Ratings:
    +0
    I just changed the material names to roada_top and roada_bottom and then changed the .tdf to match and all works ok.
    Rfactor will accept _ in file names but it also prefers its own naming convention, this is 1 way to skirt around it.