• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Drift settings for OSW Wheels

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Globespy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Globespy

Globespy

Ratings:
    +75
    I can't seem to find any MMOs settings anywhere that get even close to allowing the wheel to act naturally and allow fun drifting. However, I know it absolutely can be done.

There's a guy who has posted a number of youtube videos showing him drifting very well in Assetto, but despite many requests for his MMOs settings he simply ignores all of them! Quality guy, right!

Here's a video of him, you can see that the wheel responds smoothly and naturally to the input and road as it would in e real car:

I've tried most settings, including the user effect 'Spring' but either the wheel is too powerful and snaps back to center with a very unnatural feel instead of smoothly returning like a real car when let go after hitting full opposite lock.. Or it just doesn't return to center without help.

I would appreciate any suggestions or screenshots of setups that would be helpful to those who want to drift with their OSW's.

2. Nasos Charalampou

Nasos Charalampou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +73
    You can contact @Akis cause his wheel i drifted felt great.

3. Globespy

Globespy

Ratings:
    +75
    I think I did and he posted something about using wheel check and some other tool that turned out to be only for consumer level wheels, not OSW.