Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Licensing system is based on fair use ;) no problems

Concerning auto opening a dash depending of the game it's possible, however I had some troubles with dash stitching in wpf version (on the most heavy dash) and I need to solve that first
Hi.

Aahh. Yes. I can believe that.
I often get wpf.exe stopped working errors.
Then restart simhub, not sure why, its also random, sometimes in Windows itself(PC idle) and other times in game.

Silly question, a frind asked me now, I gave him a nano,
Is there an easy way to run an 10mm rbg Led to display race condition flags, he wants to run it with the 7-segment Led gear display?

Karl

Finished my screen and led bar earlier today. Am working on dashes for the new RSS GT cars. Starting with the *not* Lister Storm (tornado), I spent about 4.5hrs between Photoshop and dash studio tonight to make the rpm gauge!! :confused: Had to split it into 5 sections to get it to look reasonable as there is quite a curvature on it.

The Ferruccio/Ferrari will be next, as that doesn't have an rpm gauge so just need to make a background image, and the viper/vortex last as it has a gauge.

Will post some pics/video tomorrow to show my new creations :D

Hope everyone had a good Christmas..

My static (for GT cars) screen taking shape now. I've made a bracket from 2 angle brackets/corner-brace and it clips on to the back of the wheel (T500) with a fold-back/bulldog clip :D

I'll need to raise the height of my monitor on the wall as the screen is obscuring the bottom. Also still have to make the LEDs/Arduino to go with it and order some shorter screws to make it look neater. I might spray the stand black eventually.

A couple of questions for @Wotever:
1) is it possible to change to different dashboards with a button/keyboard press in-game - i.e. without going back to the desktop/simhub screen?
2) I had an idea for a useful feature - ability to associate a specific led layout with a specific dash, so we can replicate patterns for different cars and have it automatically load when you load the appropriate dash. I guess this may be difficult if someone has multiple arduinos/led and/or multiple screens.
Hey lad.

Yes, this
""A couple of questions for @Wotever:
1) is it possible to change to different dashboards with a button/keyboard press in-game - i.e. without going back to the desktop/simhub screen?
""
Is possible, I have wired extra buttons to my nano (pins7-12) then enable them in sketch, upload, then in simhub, assign those buttons to next page and next/previous screen.
Its works beautifully.

Second request Wotever will have to advise

Enjoy

Finished my screen and led bar earlier today. Am working on dashes for the new RSS GT cars. Starting with the *not* Lister Storm (tornado), I spent about 4.5hrs between Photoshop and dash studio tonight to make the rpm gauge!! :confused: Had to split it into 5 sections to get it to look reasonable as there is quite a curvature on it.

The Ferruccio/Ferrari will be next, as that doesn't have an rpm gauge so just need to make a background image, and the viper/vortex last as it has a gauge.

Will post some pics/video tomorrow to show my new creations :D
Any chance you can write me up a quick tutorial to make working screens? Ive played around but didnt get things to work yet.

I tried your overlay and indeed , RF2 goes mad, I guess it's the new RF2 dx11 version which goes crazy. I tried your overlay in the same conditions with the dx9 version i did not had such behavior. However like I said a lot of times I don't encourage using fullscreen overlays,

I made the test to simply "split" your overlay in 4 smaller parts (like overlays were intended to be used) like that and performances are back, both game and dash are smooth even when running in wpf :
View attachment 228345

I join you the splitted version :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/192q5rh130s73uy/DashTemplates.rar?dl=0

I will work soon on a better way to manage overlay in a "splitted" mode,
However in the wait there is a small trick which is really helping,
Save and restore layout will help you to manage your display layout : View attachment 228346
thanks, I'll try again to see how it goes

hi wotever, i have the licensed version from yesterday, yours is truly a great job but i have an issue and can't solve that, on rf2 v1109 in dx11 i had a great delay in what car does (switchin gears, increase and decrease of speed and rpm) and when simhub dash reacts, i try everything between 1 and 100 latency setting but nothing changes, what have i to do?

hi wotever, i have the licensed version from yesterday, yours is truly a great job but i have an issue and can't solve that, on rf2 v1109 in dx11 i had a great delay in what car does (switchin gears, increase and decrease of speed and rpm) and when simhub dash reacts, i try everything between 1 and 100 latency setting but nothing changes, what have i to do?
Hi ! Overlays are really random, Sadly there is no magic answer the best thing is to split it in smaller parts (Like it was originally intended to be used), Dx11 version of rf2 looks even more sensible to big overlays

See my previous answer here : http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-120#post-2654558

I'm currently working on an overlay manager and fullscreen overlays will probably be prohibited in future versions to avoid such problems.

Anyone here around with R3E and the new Porsches?
Need one or two volunteers to test my SimHub Creation:
Nextion 4.3 Porsche 911 GT3 Dash + 32 LEDs
It is mainly supposed to be used with the R3E 911, but might work with the AC and PC2 911 as well.
You only have a Nextion 4.3?
No problem, then just use the Nextion part.
You only have 8 or 16 LEDs?
No problem, import the 32 LEDs, arrange RPM and PIT on your LEDs, delete the rest.

Anyone interested, send me a PM, please.

Last edited:
Afternoon all, as promised, here's some pics of my new GT static display...

and a (sort of) drivers eye view - apologies for poor video quality - I don't have a gopro so had to rig something using my phone and it wasn't quite focusing correctly!

There's still a little finishing work to do, I need to order all the correct lengths of screws to make it neater.

and here's my RSS GT Tornado v12 (Lister Storm) dash finished. I'll release once I've done the Ferrari (Ferruccio)...

as you can see the RPM gauge is not perfect but as close as I can get. I had to split it into 6 linear gauges as the curvature is quite extreme (until we can have eliptical gauges with images;)).

Hi ! Overlays are really random, Sadly there is no magic answer the best thing is to split it in smaller parts (Like it was originally intended to be used), Dx11 version of rf2 looks even more sensible to big overlays

See my previous answer here : http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-120#post-2654558

I'm currently working on an overlay manager and fullscreen overlays will probably be prohibited in future versions to avoid such problems.

How to split an overlay in little parts?

Another thing, in rf2 overlay the tachometer show mph in the center dashboard, even if simhub is setted to kph, the smallest gear and speed indicator works correctly but is very small

[…]Another thing, in rf2 overlay the tachometer show mph in the center dashboard, even if simhub is setted to kph, the smallest gear and speed indicator works correctly but is very small
Make sure you have choosen the right channel to be shown.
upload_2017-12-29_21-25-43.png

"[DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.SpeedLocal]" should do the trick

Afternoon all, as promised, here's some pics of my new GT static display...

and a (sort of) drivers eye view - apologies for poor video quality - I don't have a gopro so had to rig something using my phone and it wasn't quite focusing correctly!

There's still a little finishing work to do, I need to order all the correct lengths of screws to make it neater.

and here's my RSS GT Tornado v12 (Lister Storm) dash finished. I'll release once I've done the Ferrari (Ferruccio)...

as you can see the RPM gauge is not perfect but as close as I can get. I had to split it into 6 linear gauges as the curvature is quite extreme (until we can have eliptical gauges with images;)).
Looks awesome.

I will be asking you for them on completion

Last edited:
Can you explain me how to split it ?
I splitted it :
I only removed the start lights : everything else is splitted in smaller parts, I tested them on my computer everything was perfectly smooth (rf2 dx11, GPU vsync, 2560x1440 ~ 150FPS)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16cYimKlq8uHUaKMlxvebRR6FK6sxOVCD/view?usp=sharing

To use it open all the parts you want
- Place them,
- Toggle the the overlay mode
- clik on "save layout in simhub

You can now close all dash using the "close all" button in simhub, and restore them using "restore layout button"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 513 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 316 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 166 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 200 26.8%
Back