Double jeopardy for Hamilton?

After crashing out of the last race at Qatar, Hamilton broke a safety rule by crossing the racing surface while the race was underway. He was fined and given a reprimand, really a mere slap on the wrist.
But now the powers of F1 are looking at the incident again due to Hamilton's position of influence among the F1 cadre. I think he should not be penalized any further, after all, he was probably confused...when two cars enter a turn together, Lewis is ALWAYS supposed to survive, to the detriment of whomever was side by side.
How can you punish him for a circumstance he has never faced before?

Last edited:
He was given a fine and a reprimand.
A reminder to all drivers in every category is all that is needed.
To come back talking about further action, leads me to question motive.
Is somebody in the ear of the FIA driving this issue to inflict additional pain to Hamilton and Mercedes.
It was a serious breach but it should be over at this point.
No further action required.

Anytime a driver takes out another then next Race weekend on Thursday morning they must get in a stock on pit straight for 10 minutes and let the other drivers have a laugh and think up torments. :x3:

1697507894530.jpeg

20231018_083439.jpg

DD got this one spot-on! The setting looks a bit like Baku!

Since Nico's exit from F1, HAM's closest on-track challengers have been VER and NOR.

In hindsight (who says it's only for track stewards, FIA, and F1?!), commentator Rachel Brookes could probably been better represented by brunette Natalie Pinkham.

(I may have aged Mr. Kravitz a tad!)

All in good fun!

In Lewis's defense, while he thought he had been pushed off in the heat of the moment, he later fully admitted his mistake. He DID, however, do a bonehead move in walking across the racing surface. He's been racing most of his life and full well knows better.

Lap 1 turn 1 is always wild. That is when the cars are are close closest together. (Unless there is a grid restart) You have to hold position or try to gain places. You can even loose places. The racing line is where you want to be bat if that is not possible you go for the outside. And tighten car cup and move onto the racing line. Its hard as cars inside will push you of the track. So Lewis was in no mans land and trying to stay inside track limits. He has Alsonso pushing him for that 2nd place in Drivers Championship. And in my opinion Alonso is the better driver.

I always think of one of my favorite SILLY movies, The Princess Bride. It has been a while but I think this is the line I remember:
Ha ha ha...never go outside a Mercedes when a Position is on the line....

And I remember very well that you were personally against Mercedes having a dominant car a few years ago.

Are you in favour of one team having a dominant car, now that it's your team who are untouchable? :rolleyes:

Give me an 'H'
Give me a 'Y'
Give me a 'P'
Give me.....

Are you in favour of one team having a dominant car
On that note, Perez has been working overtime recently - to make the RB19 look merely average :cautious::sneaky::whistling:
He has been rumoured to be about to lose his job because of that. One could instead wonder if he's doing exactly what the team want :)
(He's by no means a rubbish driver!)

Last edited:
Fat,, what you say is just wrong! My criticism was regarding the party modes they use in all dominated seasons. how easy is it to win races (only Mercedes had these modes) it's so close now that all the teams are so close Verstappen himself makes the difference because hey... where is Perez driving in 7th or 8th place, but that's a bit difficult for you, right? For LH it's not about competition, it's about securing his 8th world title, as long as he gets all the attention... no, the easy winning is over. there are plenty of talents in F1 now and not just Max Don't whine LH, just accelerate, that's what makes real champions.

and where are all those Hamilton fans?? with whom I had discussions that are no longer on the current f1 forum at RD. I hope for your sake that he wins the race today. But as a sportsman he fell through the ice, just like his boss Toto..

Last edited:
Hey guys, have you not thought that if Checo was driving both cars had a twin brother and he was in Verstappens car, Red Bull would still be winning the championship!:whistling:

However back to the Hamilton conundrum, Lewis was already told that he was a very naughty boy, and, he was sent to bed with no tea... what more do you want?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea