1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC DOF issues...

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by tjc, Jan 21, 2016.

1. tjc

tjc

Hi,

I`ve been trying to use the DOF function in AC but with no joy. Every time I set up a nice screen and try to add some DOF it blurs out the car and not the foreground/background which is not really any good.

I remember some time ago I took some screens with some DOF added but just can`t get it to work now.

Anyone got any advice on how to use it and how DOF is added to screens? Should the camera be pointed at the area where I want to apply the DOF? (I`ve tried that but it`s possible I`m just not doing it correctly)

I`d really appreciate some help as it`s getting a tad frustrating... :(

Thanks. :)

2. only way to get good screenshots with dof is the photo mode dev app, the tiny slider on the replay photo mode function would take 5 minutes to set the dof corecctly, with the dev app you can hold RMB, and use the scroll wheel to quickly find the correct focus

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. tjc

tjc

I think I must be doing something wrong then as far as DOF is concerned as I go into Photomode (dev app on the right side of screen) and have tried holding RMB and using the scroll wheel but it doesn`t seem to be any quicker doing that... as I`ve said, I`ve used DOF for a few screens some time ago and don`t remember it being such a hassle to use then.

Appreciate the reply. :)

4. Ah yes it doesn't do anything until you click on the dof factor control at least once. That control doesn't seem to do anything once it's active btw

5. tjc

tjc

So I click the DOF factor button and then use RMB and sroll? I`ll test that out...

One other thing, when wanting to apply DOF to say the foreground, does the camera have to be pointed at that area? I ask as if I`ve set up a screen, got a nice view of the car and then try to apply DOF all it does is make the car blurry, not the foreground...

Man...either I`m just not doing this DOF thing right or it`s extremely difficult to use...

6. Doesn't matter where camera is pointing, the dof works based on distance only. It is indeed a pita to use

7. tjc

tjc

Ahh ok, sounds like I`ll just have to keep trying it then and yip... a PITA it is... :p

8. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Fantastic! Thankyou I had no idea you could speed up the process with the RMB.

• Like Like x 1