DOF issues...

tjc

Premium
Hi,

I`ve been trying to use the DOF function in AC but with no joy. Every time I set up a nice screen and try to add some DOF it blurs out the car and not the foreground/background which is not really any good.

I remember some time ago I took some screens with some DOF added but just can`t get it to work now.

Anyone got any advice on how to use it and how DOF is added to screens? Should the camera be pointed at the area where I want to apply the DOF? (I`ve tried that but it`s possible I`m just not doing it correctly)

I`d really appreciate some help as it`s getting a tad frustrating... :(

Thanks. :)

only way to get good screenshots with dof is the photo mode dev app, the tiny slider on the replay photo mode function would take 5 minutes to set the dof corecctly, with the dev app you can hold RMB, and use the scroll wheel to quickly find the correct focus

I think I must be doing something wrong then as far as DOF is concerned as I go into Photomode (dev app on the right side of screen) and have tried holding RMB and using the scroll wheel but it doesn`t seem to be any quicker doing that... as I`ve said, I`ve used DOF for a few screens some time ago and don`t remember it being such a hassle to use then.

Appreciate the reply. :)

I think I must be doing something wrong then as far as DOF is concerned as I go into Photomode (dev app on the right side of screen) and have tried holding RMB and using the scroll wheel but it doesn`t seem to be any quicker doing that... as I`ve said, I`ve used DOF for a few screens some time ago and don`t remember it being such a hassle to use then.

Appreciate the reply. :)
Ah yes it doesn't do anything until you click on the dof factor control at least once. That control doesn't seem to do anything once it's active btw

So I click the DOF factor button and then use RMB and sroll? I`ll test that out...

One other thing, when wanting to apply DOF to say the foreground, does the camera have to be pointed at that area? I ask as if I`ve set up a screen, got a nice view of the car and then try to apply DOF all it does is make the car blurry, not the foreground...

Man...either I`m just not doing this DOF thing right or it`s extremely difficult to use...

So I click the DOF factor button and then use RMB and sroll? I`ll test that out...

One other thing, when wanting to apply DOF to say the foreground, does the camera have to be pointed at that area? I ask as if I`ve set up a screen, got a nice view of the car and then try to apply DOF all it does is make the car blurry, not the foreground...

Man...either I`m just not doing this DOF thing right or it`s extremely difficult to use...
Doesn't matter where camera is pointing, the dof works based on distance only. It is indeed a pita to use

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back