Does "Racer" have AI drivers ?

Hi !
New here :)

I have some questions regarding Racer !
Need help !!

1. Does it have AI drivers to race against ?
2. Any "career" modes in any the racing series like DTM, NASCAR, Le Mans Endurance race, F1 etc ?
3. Is there any software to analyze the telemetry data other than MATLAB ?
4. Does it takes into account aerodynamics effects as part of the physics package ?

LOL, I guess I sound like a grumpy old man but I'm running low on my data. Only 280 MB left. Have to make it count.

BTW, I'm a mech. engineer and used to work at a Suzuki service center. I love troubleshooting cars and was the in-charge for the warranty section.
I love racing and it would be great to hone my skills in Racer before moving on to the real deal !

Thanks !

EDIT:
Does the older version, 0.6.x have physics enabled ?
Or should I get the new 0.8.x?
I have an on-board graphics with native dx 8.1 (max - dx 9b) support :(

Regarding Racer versions, you are better off with a newer version however you won't be able to run them with an onboard GPU. I'd seriously consider getting a nVidia graphics card instead.

Thanks for the reply guys !
Yes KS95, the latest version didn't work in my system. Older version, 0.65 works though.
BTW, I might get a job, as a design engineer in an automobile design firm and they use Catia. I wonder if there is an option to "import" models from Catia etc other than 3ds max in Racer for *testing*

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.