1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Does "Racer" have AI drivers ?

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by marX, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hi !
    New here :)

I have some questions regarding Racer !
    Need help !!

1. Does it have AI drivers to race against ?
    2. Any "career" modes in any the racing series like DTM, NASCAR, Le Mans Endurance race, F1 etc ?
    3. Is there any software to analyze the telemetry data other than MATLAB ?
    4. Does it takes into account aerodynamics effects as part of the physics package ?

LOL, I guess I sound like a grumpy old man but I'm running low on my data. Only 280 MB left. Have to make it count.

BTW, I'm a mech. engineer and used to work at a Suzuki service center. I love troubleshooting cars and was the in-charge for the warranty section.
    I love racing and it would be great to hone my skills in Racer before moving on to the real deal !

Thanks !

EDIT:
    Does the older version, 0.6.x have physics enabled ?
    Or should I get the new 0.8.x?
    I have an on-board graphics with native dx 8.1 (max - dx 9b) support :(

2. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Hi,
    1. yes if you make AI's...
    2. no Racer is not a GAME...
    3. not sure...
    4. Every thing you change on a car takes effect...

...have Fun.

3. Thanks mate for the reply :)
    BUT, I didn't get the first one...how can I create one ?
    Is it some kind of a script (is it in LUA) ?

4. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Regarding Racer versions, you are better off with a newer version however you won't be able to run them with an onboard GPU. I'd seriously consider getting a nVidia graphics card instead.

6. Thanks for the reply guys !
    Yes KS95, the latest version didn't work in my system. Older version, 0.65 works though.
    BTW, I might get a job, as a design engineer in an automobile design firm and they use Catia. I wonder if there is an option to "import" models from Catia etc other than 3ds max in Racer for *testing*

7. Double post. Sorry !