Does Quick Chat work and how to set up messages?

Hi,

I use Team speak but there are times when a simple text message would be good, i.e. "Thanks," "Sorry," "Great Race" etc

I've noticed that there are some Quick Chat options in the RaceRoom Secondary Function menu but how do I go about adding / editing the messages before I can assign them to the Quick Chat buttons.

I just cannot see where I do this.

Thanks.

You can use some external macro software to send quick messages via in-game chat, though.

Any recommendations please Martin?

Just be aware that you cannot use text-based messaging during any of our club races, even for short messages. (I only mention this because you are a premium member.)

Thanks Ross, fully appreciate the club rules and much prefer TS anyway. It's just that I've been dabbling with SRS, which doesn't utilise voice comms but have noticed that some participants use text-based messaging in- and post-game and these appear to be preset based on the speed and immediacy of appearance. As the R3E quick chat option doesn't work, they must be using something else and I don't believe it's the SRS chat box as that requires keyboard use.

Thanks.

Steve

Any recommendations please Martin?
Apart from the macro option in Logitech Profiler which I could get to work, kinda sorta, but wasn't really happy with, I'm only aware of AutoHotkey, but I've never used it with wheel and R3E, so can't really tell you if and how well it works. I would give it a try for you, but I don't really have much free time currently, so no promises at all.

• Deleted member 387850

It's just that I've been dabbling with SRS, which doesn't utilise voice comms but have noticed that some participants use text-based messaging in- and post-game and these appear to be preset based on the speed and immediacy of appearance.

There shouldn't be any chat during a race in SRS either. The last line of their regs is "Chat is not allowed". I'm assuming it's okay to chat after the race as many people do, but during appears to be right out. I'm also assuming that if they wanted to stop chat completely there would be a server setting for that, but I guess it's more an etiquette thing as it's very distracting whilst you're driving.

I'm also assuming that if they wanted to stop chat completely there would be a server setting for that, but I guess it's more an etiquette thing as it's very distracting whilst you're driving.
In R3E there is no server option to prevent chat and other messages appearing. I'm not sure many other sims have an option for it either, and that's why it is also in our rules that no text chat is allowed during the qualy and race sessions of club events.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.