PC1 Does pCARS run better with two GPUs or one GPU?

I'm about to buy all the parts for a new pc to play sims, and especially to play pCARS (and AC, rF2). I've already got three monitors for this too.

I'd really like to hear how pCARS performs with two GPUs.

I can't decide whether I should get one GTX 780ti or two GTX 780s.

What will give the best results with pCARS?

Your thoughts, experiences on this subject will be most welcome.

I'm checking fps efficiency since autumn 2013. All settings maxed, same track and conditions (single player, Spa with huge tribune and lot of trees).
FHD (1080p) on single monitor. The case is that pCARS is not yet optimize for SLI and 3xLCD. So custom profile is a need.

It will be much better as soon as SMS will add official support.

However i'm quite happy with performance of SLI with 3LCD, lowering AA from x16 to x4 and turning off blur let me play in fluently 80-100fps in most tracks with 20-30 AI's.
Look at gallery section, theres few vids with 3LCD and this setup.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/gallery/albums/project-cars.27/

Scaling ar 100% is for sure unrealistic, but typically in many games it works ar. 55-75%.

Last edited:
With the sheer amount of processing power available in today's cards, I'd go with a single card solution.
That said, PCARS doesn't struggle too much with any good card.
I ran it for some time on two 560Ti cards in SLI with everything maxed, great framerates and more importantly....no stutter.
Occasionally we run it on the shop's simulator with a GTX670 and still have mostly everything to max....same result.

With the sheer amount of processing power available in today's cards, I'd go with a single card solution.
That said, PCARS doesn't struggle too much with any good card.
I ran it for some time on two 560Ti cards in SLI with everything maxed, great framerates and more importantly....no stutter.
Occasionally we run it on the shop's simulator with a GTX670 and still have mostly everything to max....same result.
How many monitors?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back