Does anyone play R3E with an Xbox Elite Controller?

Does anyone play R3E with an Xbox Elite Controller? Obviously sims like this are best played with a wheel, but I just don't have space in my current living environment for one, and already have this controller.

If so, which sticks/paddles and settings do you use? It's quite a lot more customisable than the standard Xbox Controller - you have a choice of stick lengths (the longer ones may help with more precise steering), and you can use up to 4 assignable paddles underneath, you can also configure a lot of settings, including thumbstick sensitivity and trigger min/max values, in the Xbox software that works with this controller on PC.

Compared to other comparable racing sims (rFactor2, Game Stock Car Extreme/Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, etc.), how easy is it to us a gamepad like the Xbox Elite/One controller with R3E - is it any better or worse than sims I mentioned?

Does anyone play R3E with an Xbox Elite Controller? Obviously sims like this are best played with a wheel, but I just don't have space in my current living environment for one, and already have this controller.

If so, which sticks/paddles and settings do you use? It's quite a lot more customisable than the standard Xbox Controller - you have a choice of stick lengths (the longer ones may help with more precise steering), and you can use up to 4 assignable paddles underneath, you can also configure a lot of settings, including thumbstick sensitivity and trigger min/max values, in the Xbox software that works with this controller on PC.

Compared to other comparable racing sims (rFactor2, Game Stock Car Extreme/Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, etc.), how easy is it to us a gamepad like the Xbox Elite/One controller with R3E - is it any better or worse than sims I mentioned?

I picked up the Raceroom controller. It was much easier to use than a stick type controller - more precise imo. $25.00 on U.S. Ebay raceroom store. Keep it as a backup in the event my wheel ever dies or is disabled. Just search youtube and you'll find a short video ad for it.

I picked up the Raceroom controller. It was much easier to use than a stick type controller - more precise imo. $25.00 on U.S. Ebay raceroom store. Keep it as a backup in the event my wheel ever dies or is disabled. Just search youtube and you'll find a short video ad for it.

The controller with the little wheel? It looks to be fairly poorly made, though, which puts me off somewhat

The controller with the little wheel? It looks to be fairly poorly made, though, which puts me off somewhat

holy cow - controller snob!:D jus kidding.
Well the last controller I owned was a Nintendo 64 :O_o:, playing Michael Schumacher F1 game, all night, with a buddy and a case of beer. It suddenly hit me why my laptimes were crap as the night went on....the controller ;). It was those gaming sessions where you woke up late the next day and my thumbnail (from the dpad) was bruised purple.:roflmao:

that's the one. It's not bad. I haven't fine tuned the settings for it, since I have my wheel. But I have tried it and it seems easier (to me) than the standard controllers without the wheel attachment.

Whilst the steering wheel looks potentially like a good idea, I've heard that the buttons are not very good and it doesn't have progressive analog triggers, is that the case?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back