• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Do you have a second wheel?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by jimortality, Oct 19, 2014.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +904
    The reason I ask, I've seen the G27 for £169 in Curry/PC world and although I'm happy with my TX, If anything happened to that it would be nice to have the G27 as a back up. I realise Logitech are no longer going to be supporting there peripherals but at that price, I think it's a good investment :)

2. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    I have 5 second wheels.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Skazz

Skazz

Ratings:
    +101
    Another bad example here: one PC rig, one console (currently only PS3) rig, plus 3 wheel sets in the cupboard (4 if you count the spare Thrustmaster rim).

Trouble with a spare wheel of lesser quality is that using it doesn't necessarily bring pleasure, it generally just reminds you of why you upgraded in the first place. But saying that, I don't seem to be selling mine do I? :S

4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +904
    Lol no way!!!! you guys do make me lol

5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +904
    You have 2 rigs?????

6. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +705
    I started with the Fanatec GT3 wheel, really like the wheel, but it had to go back for repairs, took a few weeks to & fro, so I bought a Thrustmaster TX to tie me over. Needless to say I was blown away by how good the TX is, so the GT3 is my spare wheel now ;)
    TX & Fanatec pedals is amazing :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen

Ratings:
    +1,244
    I'll be getting a CSW v2 any day now and I'm not quite sure what to do with my GT3, try sell it (without pedals) or keep it as a spare, the latter sounds tempting but I could use the cash for something else :p

8. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +904
    I'm getting so into my sim racing now that If my wheel packed up, I don't know what I'd do. I got it from a catalogue and they are no longer in stock so they wouldn't be able to replace it :-( I may get the G27 as a spare just in case as it is still a very good wheel.

UPDATE***** I now have a second wheel! at that price, it was too good to not do it plus my credit card people gave me another £500 to spends.........Stupid bastards!!!! lololol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Skazz

Skazz

Ratings:
    +101
    PC rig upstairs, console rig via wheelstand downstairs by the TV. It's actually very handy to have them in two separate rooms, means I can always race if I want to, no matter what the SO is doing.

10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +904
    Well I have a plan when I get my second wheel. I still have a wheelstand so I'll mount the G27 on that and drive from the couch for stuff like F1 and then I can just get back in the rig for the proper racing :) win win

11. UOPshadow

UOPshadow

Ratings:
    +22
    I have two PC rigs. ;) I only build them once and use them 3-4 years, then a build a completely new one. The last one is still good for Photoshop and other things, so it's my back up (and eventually the home PC for the missus).

Up until now I only had one wheel at any time. The DFGT still works and probably would for the next few years, but I wanted next gen FFB.