1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Do you have a Issue with RRe FFB?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Msportdan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. None fine here.

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. I do... either/both....Floatiness and a over powered centre force.

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Interested to see if its just a few of us, or the majority.

2. sigh*

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

I find the 1992 pack to be the best for feeling/handling, hit and miss with the rest, maybe one day we get the updated physics on all of the cars we've bought

4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

The only issue with FFB (other than rF2 and iRacing where haptic feedback is non-standard/absent) comes down to personal user settings.

The R3E team have @Georg Ortner who is a huge fan of haptic feedback and they provide us with a huge range of adjustment. It took me a while to dial it in, and I still adjust it occasionally, but you really can make it feel just how you want it with the right approach.

I need that feedback or I can't drive a sim - I assure you, it is all there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mach

Mach
    #47 G.R.Webb Sidecar Racer 1962-1972

The transition from DFGT to T300 was a test but I'm happy now!

6. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Does anyone have a link/list with the cars that now use the latest updated physics?

7. Mach

Mach

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  8. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium Member

I agree that the game has a huge range of adjustements...the only problem is: there are too many. I just don't understand what they do.

9. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

also the fact that people have probably adjusted it so much they have killed any detail in the FFB anyway, seeing people run up to 300% values cant be right!

10. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

I'm still trying to decide if having so many options is a good thing or not when I consider that the sims with the best FFB have very few.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I won't hit 'disagree' on your post, as some people seem to get their knickers in a twist over that, but I do disagree.

I like a particular 'feel' when I drive and it takes some setting up at times in config files, etc.

rF2 was a nightmare until I figured out that they had deliberately ruined the FFB with the new engine variant BUT the old settings were still available in the config files.

Having all the options in a menu makes a lot more sense to me, personally.

My only issue of 'feel' in R3E was caused by the default car setup being absolutely useless. Thankfully, @Andi Goodwin fixed me up with one that works!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

yep .. too much spring and loose centre since auto degree of rotation/steering lock was introduced ... just like in AC ... before it was perfect .. sadly bad enough to make me not play .. good old via config tweaked ffb ..

13. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

I find the DTM cars to be among the worst for swaying. I need to go back and double check all my settings though, just to make sure I'm not causing the problem with a rogue setting somewhere.

14. My only issue with the FFB is the fact that I don't have dedi servers yet so I can enjoy it's glory in a proper club racing format! :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

15 people do not know what good ffb is !!
    j/k

16. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel
    Kylotonn Games

or 6 people do not know what good ffb is;)

Lets not forget that R3E is still very much in wip, and physics/ff etc etc is still being worked on a very regular basis. So please keep the reports coming, but please always remind yourself, that FFB is very subjective topic!

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. This topic is a a bit of a dead horse....don't really get the point of it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Mach

Mach

It maybe James, I now don't get any swaying from them, the car that was worst for me was the gtr2 ruf...and that has gone too. I popped my current settings in the 'wheel settings since update thread' and a tip about sensitivity. I know you have a different wheel but it may help.

As for the strong center forces, I'm learning how to control the weight transfer better and that is helping. I feel my inputs are becoming smoother.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. But it hasn't been changed since the initial improvement in Oct 2014, right? ;)

You guys have been putting out a lot of other content and improvements so that's great. I hope maybe there's a way to get back to optimizing what's there.

20. Old and exhausted thread.
    Closing as no real discussion is going on.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.