Do we really need this behavior?

So....I'm in the mutliplayer @ spa...just trying out some of the new cars I got.
I'm 2.7 seconds off the pace trying taller gear for this track.
BMW M6(?) Gt3 seems to be geared too tall or too short for the straights can't seem to change the individual gearing like we could in the past.

So I'm minding my own business and out of the blue someone named "Sengali" types in chat.....
"You are ****"

Mind you, there have been no accidents - no one has gotten in the way of other drivers....only 3 people on the server.

Do we really need this kind of behavior?
And who is this moron?

So....I'm in the mutliplayer @ spa...just trying out some of the new cars I got.
I'm 2.7 seconds off the pace trying taller gear for this track.
BMW M6(?) Gt3 seems to be geared too tall or too short for the straights can't seem to change the individual gearing like we could in the past.

So I'm minding my own business and out of the blue someone named "Sengali" types in chat.....
"You are ****"

Mind you, there have been no accidents - no one has gotten in the way of other drivers....only 3 people on the server.

Do we really need this kind of behavior?
And who is this moron?

What has that got to do with RaceDepartment? I take it you were racing on a public server? No sympathy if you were. All Public servers are occupied by morons, zombies, idiots >snip<.

Last edited by a moderator:
What has that got to do with RaceDepartment? I take it you were racing on a public server? No sympathy if you were. All Public servers are occupied by morons, zombies, idiots >snip<.

You're right. Don't know what I was thinking?!!!!
I admin fps servers and have to deal with the griefers and asshats. I don't know why I expected any different from this genre.

I guess it's because most contacts I've had with RD people (all but one) have been great so I thought the community as a whole stood on higher ground. Also, we're more mature (age wise) as a group - I think.

In our first person shooter community, we identify and share data regarding asshats, griefers, and teamkillers. We can ban from a particular server or provide the information to the game developers who will do a global ban. Too bad Raceroom doesn't have that type of system.

There are only so many R3E forums. Getting a negative reputation for being an idiot will come back and bite those people some day - so just putting the name out there for others to see.

Just ignore the idiots. I saw some guy threatening to kill somebody on a server the other night; A complete and utter "Lost It" scenario. These people need to really question why they actually race online if they can't take being beaten or being taken off the track by somebody else's mistake. Unfortunately, apart from decent server admins, there's not really a lot you can do about it.

I think this sengali character has been plaguing the RRE servers for awhile. Public lobbies seem to be a waste of time,so many idiots about.
To be fair I ran a few public races on my server and never had any problems, other than guys quitting if they lost too many places. No wreckers in any of them and that was with good sized grids. But it's much safer and of course cleaner here at the R3E club.:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back