Do cyclists annoy you?

Saw this on TV just now, so funny...

So annoying how cyclists do this. The rules still apply to them too.

I think they should have insurance and licenses, and pay road tax just like all other road users.

I don't see what's wrong with that?
Here it's pretty common for cyclists to be allowed to turn right on red light.
So in the UK a turn left on red light can be applicable too.

But maybe it's more that we Dutch people can manage bikers pretty well and in other countries they're not used to them that much. Also we have bike lanes nearly everywhere..

Sure James, so that way nobody uses the bike anymore ! :p

Nah, no problem there, although it's retarded that he gets down of his bike I'd say ! And here I just go whenever there's no car, even if it's red... I mean, I'm on a little bike right ? :D

Well, in the UK, the highway code applies to all road users - so waiting at a red is for bikes too. Hence why the cycle lanes here go alongside the pavement, and then in front of the cars at the white line by the lights.

BootShoe-northboundapproach-orderlyqueuing-161008Small_000.jpg

Well, in the UK, the highway code applies to all road users - so waiting at a red is for bikes too. Hence why the cycle lanes here go alongside the pavement, and then in front of the cars at the white line by the lights.
Well, yes, I'm guessing everywhere is the same as that. But he got off the bike, and walked past, and got back on. Might look silly, but technically nothing wrong.

Nothing special, they do exist here except for right turns. Generally those are free for cyclists..
http://g.co/maps/63ppe

Als you can see, to the left and straight ahad has a biking lane. To the right there's a small sign saying "Rechtsaf voor fietsers vrij".

But mostly bike lanes within built-up areas are not directly connected to the road.. Like this:
5UWHi.jpg

In my country if you try going somewhere with a biycle, you will end up death after a car hit. We don't have biycle ways and respectful drivers here :(

I don't see a big problem what that cyclist do there? Actually i don't know the rules after all :rolleyes:

In my country if you try going somewhere with a biycle, you will end up death after a car hit. We don't have biycle ways and respectful drivers here :(

I don't see a big problem what that cyclist do there? Actually i don't know the rules after all :rolleyes:
If you kill a cyclist while driving a car you've got some very big problem here, even if the cyclist was wrong. Cyclists receive more protection than car drivers.

If you kill a cyclist while driving a car you've got some very big problem here, even if the cyclist was wrong. Cyclists receive more protection than car drivers.

Which is why I said what I did in my originla post - they should be insured / licensed too, they do what they want, but you pay the price if they cause an accident.

In my view anyone who has the fitness, practicality and determination to mobilise themselves about the place using their own energy by bike is a legend. They should be applauded.
I feel that the UK and Australia are quite backward and unenlightened by not having great respect for them.
I drive a car and consume precious non renewable resources and take up a lot of space sitting on my backside driving to work and I feel guilty next to cyclists.They are legends

Cyclists by the way are liable if they cause an accident. I remember when i was a young insurance guy a claim where a bike hit the side of a car and caused about £2000 damage. When the rider recovered he got the bill.
I for example already pay road tax and fuel surcharges etc for 2 cars. When I leave them at home and get on my bike should I pay again?

Which is why I said what I did in my originla post - they should be insured / licensed too, they do what they want, but you pay the price if they cause an accident.
Nah, it's mainly the awareness of car drivers. Drive carefully and look ahead. Barely anything can happen to you. Insuring/licensing cyclists would make Europe as obese as the USA.
And obese people are more expensive..

Maybe they do what they want, but mostly when that happens the situation is not ideal for cyclists. When the situation is fine and reasonable, most cyclists will obey the rules.

problems with many car drivers is that they keep on driving 80kmh aloongside cyclists. And yeah, that is pretty dangerous. Especially is an opposing car is coming. Also in many countries bike lanes are not available, or immediately alonside the normal roads without a barrier, grass stripe or anything in between.

Legally nothing wrong with what the guy did in the original post.

I don't do what I want, when I'm in traffic, I follow the rules. It is my life I should be worried about.

When I'm cycling I do what's logically and safe obeying the rules as far as possible. Nothing else.

This is my city (+/- 200,000 inhabitants)
I guess some people wouldn't like it there lol

In Sweden we have bike roads next to walking roads. Not sure it´s even allowed to ride a bicycle on the main road.

then we have a rule with walk paths that cross roads, if there are stripes on the ground it means the car has to stop for pedestrians but not cyclists unless they get off the bike and walk over the road.
I have no problems with either but some cyclists just think they own the city.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back