DIY hydraulic pedals and handbrake.

Hi i just going to show my project that is finally finished after lot of work on them and changes in the project (sorry for crappy pictures, mobile camera):
hyd 1.jpg
hyd 2.jpg
hyd 3.jpg

The brake and clutch are pressure operated, the brake uses the famous meas spec sensor and a sam sensor 500psi on clutch, on the slave part i got rubber bushings for brake from a garage repair shop near my house and 2 springs for clutch, does anyone know if there exist diaphragm spring, somekind of little version of them?? i would like to play with those to see effects as they are used in real clutches, for throtle a cheap 100k linear(response) pot would like to get some linear pot on phisical movement but here where im from (Canary Islands, Spain) i think will be difficult.

The footrest is an omp one it seems to be and outdated model cant find any photo painted black original was somekind of red/pinkish colour i hated :D.

This are the master cylinders for brake http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220806988212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 i got to buy these cause i broke the original ones (clutch one) sealings cause of using mineral hydraulic oil then i went the safe road with dot brake fluid, the masters got a little deadzone on initial travel i didnt like (the circuit was bled correctly) and what i did was to put a little washer where the pedal is in rest position to avoid this deadzone and now got much less than before.

Slaves hoses and fittings are from this page
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Pull-Type-Slave-Cylinder,7169.html (here slave page the rest pieces i mentiones earlier from there too).

The pedalbox i bought from ebay back in the day a kit with master cylinder balance bar and the adjuster for brake balance now cant find them seems the seller has changed account or something and cant find them http://www.ebay.es/itm/universal-fl...hicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2580d14ac7&_uhb=1.

All the electronics goes to a derek speare board inside the black box on the last photo, the 3 pin conector is for handbrake and is wired to the board and the 15 pin connector (3 pin not soldered) is for a future button box + steptronic sequential upgrade and here is where im going to need a little of help :D. I know how to make the 6x6 button matrix but im lost on the diodes side, dont know if they are completely mandatory what to choose where to buy and how to connect them etc... another question is if in the derek board with brake amplifier i can connect rotarys switches / encoders or just buttons.

The handbrake now is from here, same man i bought pedalbox, there are two versions 300 mm or 600 mine is big one. http://www.ebay.es/itm/151205614749 same slaves as the pedals and the master is the same as clutch, used same trick from pedals to avoid deadzone.

sorry miss this :D, in the front you can see an u-shaped piece that holds the handbrake in position with less deadzone little slanted position.

Attachments

• hyd 4.jpg
    hyd 4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0
Hi, great job, looking to make something similar, having a problem tracking down a Sam sensor, any ideas ? google does not help.

How have yours been working since completion any problems or ideas on improvement ?.

Upvote 0
Hey , I had to dig up this thread and ask about the cost of materials if you remember..

I'm building hydralics myself and I'd estimate that excluding pedalbox you're talking about 600-800 euros depending on what cylinders you get, same with the slave and sensors aswell. Also depending on wherether you want braided lines or a cheaper alternative. Then a pedalbox can cost anything from 2-300 euros to 2000 euros.

Upvote 0
here is a decent pedalbox for very cheap what alexj said is alright is a good estimation

http://www.ebay.es/itm/UNIVERSAL-KI...867366?hash=item3f58a0b766:g:VuYAAOSw5ZBWP6dp

Is the one i bought back in the day, is not a marvel but works fine, maybe you can design your own if you know a cnc shop that can do it for you, i have made some improvements to that pedalbox maybe i can guide you if you want. you will need 2 or 3 master cylinders 1 or 2 slave cylinders the lines the fittings the sensor and the board to connect all, a pot or hall sensor or 2 and maybe other bits, in op you have info on some items prices.

Upvote 0
I don't know if you are referring to me, but the cost is to much for me for now. But then again many things were too much in the beginning of this journey. So in the future it doesn't seem that it doesn't stand a chance as a project. Right now just trying to implement a diy load cell on the T500rs pedals. It should keep me busy for some time.
Thanks for the offer though.!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes