DIY G25 Brakemod by none other than....

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
So yesterday I was at staples and saw these eraser for sale at 1 quid for 4. Made the adjustments and installed the load cell lol. Shaved more than 6 tenths in iRacing from my previous PB. Off to car spare store for a more.durable rubber

This mod really works.

Attachments

• 5043656775_19871a91a4_b.jpg
    5043656775_19871a91a4_b.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 941
Hi Abdul, thanks for this tutorial, I just did it and the brake feels so much better and it doesn't seem like the rubber will degrade anytime soon.

Just a quick question though, do you have iRacing, and if so what brake curve setting are you using? I only subbed yesterday and am not really sure what number is best to go with for this mod.

Upvote 0
Hi Adil,

Glad this mod is helping. I have iRacing and my curve settings change with different cars. How I do it is trial n error. I adjust the curve until when I press the pedal suddenly I can brake without locking up the wheels. Stick with the default 3 for now and work your way with the cars first.

Upvote 0
Is there anything similar for MOMO? I know MOMO is not even worth doing such things, but I'd like to try. There are only two things I'm concerned about. The system is different so I'm worried about the pressure on the pedal axis made by the "lever" system created by putting the rubber in. The other thing is there is a s hit of some kind, gelatinous liquid or wax or whatever it is and it everywhere under the brake, so I'm not sure what should I do with that. I've been also thinking about a spring of some kind, but it probably wouldn't be ven close to load cell technology (but it'd make the brake much harder to press = better). I'm not planning to buy G27 at least for a couple of months so I hope there is a solution as well :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back