DIY 80/20 Pedal Platform

I have a desktop race setup. No room for a full sim race rig. I recently bought a set of Fanatec V3 pedals to replace my old Fanatec V1 pedal set. Because this is a desktop setup, I wanted the new pedals to set a little higher than floor level. So, I designed and built this pedal platform from 80/20 extruded aluminum. I used a design tool available from 80/20 inc. It is a really nice tool that includes nearly all of the types of extrusions available from 80/20. This design is represents 90% of what I designed using the design software.

I wanted transducers up front for right and left road suspension feel in the sim. I’ve added transducers on my office chair racing seat. All four transducers are controlled by the Sim Commander software. So, without having a full racing rig, my desk setup gives four points of road and suspension feel. Oh Yeah! Anyway, here are some photos of the pedal setup.

Project Photo Gallery

Great idea to use 80/20 as a platform for your pedals, and not think you have to build a complete rig.

I have a 80/20 rig. I am interested. What sort of tactile feedback are you getting from the transducers on your pedals rig? There are a long way from your pedals. Would you get better results if you bolted the profile they sit on to the angled horizontal profiles each side of your pedals?

Upvote 0
Actually, the resulting vibrations travel through the aluminum extremely better than I expected. I wanted as much separation as possible between the front transducers in order to get the full tactile since of what the right and left tires and suspension doing in the sims. For this setup, I am running Sim Commander 4 in Chassis mode. At some point, I may position a single transducer directly under the pedal and run that specific transducer in Extensions mode. However, because the extrusion allows so many ways to combine things, I can always experiment further. This is my initial setup. As such I am still experimenting with settings for each title in order to find the sweet spot for each. I am running this setup mostly with iRacing, Project Cars 2, and Assetto Corsa. This give me the flexibility of a desktop setup with the full tactile sensations of a full racing rig.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back