Dissaperance of R3E from Steam

Its gone from the Steam store, so its not downloadable for new users, is this a good sign? a possible big patch coming? Its got me curious.

Thats not cool...
One pays 40 euros for a game... gets a disk and is able to play whenever and wherever he wants, offline and online with need for internet connection.
Then one pays more than 120 euros for tracks and cars of another so called free game just to find out that he cant make use of the money he spent...

For better or worse a lot of games are online only now. Times are changing

For better or worse a lot of games are online only now. Times are changing

Yes I know, and I also sort of knew what I was getting into when I decided to invest in R3E...
I dont get into Iracing because of the multiplayer only thing... and when I got into R3E was because it had single player advertised... the always online was a bummer but this is much worse... its always online but only when the game decides to be available...not the other way around... not being able to play because of something other than my own fault is not what I had in mind....

Yes I know, and I also sort of knew what I was getting into when I decided to invest in R3E...
I dont get into Iracing because of the multiplayer only thing... and when I got into R3E was because it had single player advertised... the always online was a bummer but this is much worse... its always online but only when the game decides to be available...not the other way around... not being able to play because of something other than my own fault is not what I had in mind....

Don't disagree but I don't have many issues with it and I have spotty internet. Usually when I have an issue its when I want to get on lol.

The net code needs optimization, s3 knows that. Joys of beta.

Not sure this deserves its own thread, so I'll stick it here.
I am having trouble with DTM '13, its all I have been in to today, the home screen for the Experience has the video in the background then overlaid with what appears to my profile page html with no css. Links dont work, cant get out, have to kill the whole application. It has done this going in straight, but after killing, I have managed to get in with regular formating and options, play a race, then after exiting back to the home screen of the experience, its messed up again.

Thats not cool...
One pays 40 euros for a game... gets a disk and is able to play whenever and wherever he wants, offline and online with need for internet connection.
Then one pays more than 120 euros for tracks and cars of another so called free game just to find out that he cant make use of the money he spent...
Slight over exaggeration...More like, you buy an online game and you need internet connection to play it. You buy a CD/DVD and as long as you don't scratch the CD/DVD then you can use it assuming it has some piracy prevention and you use it accordingly. There are good and bad in all scenarios. I'm not saying that what happened is acceptable but if you think that online content will always be available then your wrong. Even banks have systems that go down for whatever reason. It's all part of living in an online world. As mentioned, physical media also has potential drawbacks.

Tried to fire up the game today (I havent play for over two weeks) and I got this info...
Info.png

Can anyone help me out???

Yes... I exited steam then I erased the steam appcache folder... then I restarted the PC, and then I tryed again to no avail...
Didnt change anything in the last 3 weeks... except I updated the graphic card drivers (gtx 670mx) driver 347.25. But all other games run as before.
I havent played in a while but did load up the game after the latest Fanatec competition hotfix/patch and the game loaded up ok...

have you checked in steam the files ?*right click on game/properties/ local files :ccheck integrity....
after that if it doesnt work try this

go here Users\YOUR Name\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

in there remove the graphics options xml (just move it to the desktop)

if that works you will need to reset your graphic options

Andi

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back