• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disapperance & "Increasing Inside/Outside Tire Temp

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Stephen Morris, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Stephen Morris

Stephen Morris

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Long time no see, recently picked up a wheel and getting accustomed to it. Switched from Honda to BMW E90 so have also had to get used to that. Finally popped on the tracks yesterday - way too many nutters on the public servers now.

Anyways, I've also been returning to basics and learning/creating my own custom setups. I am having an issue with my tire temps, the middle tire temperatures are consistently much higher than my inner/outside temperatures. I've gone from the stock setup and altered the camber to get the inner/outer temps within 5*C. However, whilst my temps can be around 79C - one of the tires is reaching 100C whilst the others are reaching >10C than inner/outer. I've consistently dropped the pressure to decrease the temp but still no avail.

Any help?

Stephen

2. Attila Domján

Attila Domján

Ratings:
    +20
    hmmm, usually if i decrease tyre pressure it is getting the middle of the tyre temp between outer and inner, thats the only way i know to do it.....

3. Henrik Stoldt

Henrik Stoldt

Ratings:
    +0
    neo is right

4. Stephen Morris

Stephen Morris

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

This is what I thought and so have consistently dropped the pressure but even at the lowest pressure (160), the middle temp is extremely high - madness?!

So perhaps any advice on how to relatively increase the inner/outer temps may help to bring the temps into working range. BTW, am I correct that the best temp I'm looking for is 80C?

Stephen

5. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,111
    some tracks do that to the temp.. like oschersleben it get extremely hot.. but on what track did you tested it Stephen?

6. Stephen Morris

Stephen Morris

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it exactly right Stig - I was testing on Oschersleben. But should this be happening? I thought the middle temp should always be within the inner/outer temp.

Thanks,
    Steph

7. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    inner of tyre should be hottest

8. Stephen Morris

Stephen Morris

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JimbobQ,

Thanks for that. I typically run with the formula:

vNetResult = Inner Temp - Outer Temp

if the vNetResult is less than 0C then Decrease Negative Camber
    if the vNetResult is greater than 5C Increase Negative Camber

Otherwise (vNetResult > 0C) and (vNetResult < 5C) = Tyres good

So no issues with ensuring inner temps are hotter. :)

9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Ratings:
    +219
    keep the outside of tyre only 10C lower than inside anymore and tyre wont be much good