Disapperance & "Increasing Inside/Outside Tire Temp

S

Stephen Morris

• Stephen Morris

Hi guys,

Long time no see, recently picked up a wheel and getting accustomed to it. Switched from Honda to BMW E90 so have also had to get used to that. Finally popped on the tracks yesterday - way too many nutters on the public servers now.

Anyways, I've also been returning to basics and learning/creating my own custom setups. I am having an issue with my tire temps, the middle tire temperatures are consistently much higher than my inner/outside temperatures. I've gone from the stock setup and altered the camber to get the inner/outer temps within 5*C. However, whilst my temps can be around 79C - one of the tires is reaching 100C whilst the others are reaching >10C than inner/outer. I've consistently dropped the pressure to decrease the temp but still no avail.

Any help?

Stephen

• Stephen Morris

Thanks for the replies.

This is what I thought and so have consistently dropped the pressure but even at the lowest pressure (160), the middle temp is extremely high - madness?!

So perhaps any advice on how to relatively increase the inner/outer temps may help to bring the temps into working range. BTW, am I correct that the best temp I'm looking for is 80C?

Stephen

• Stephen Morris

Got it exactly right Stig - I was testing on Oschersleben. But should this be happening? I thought the middle temp should always be within the inner/outer temp.

Thanks,
Steph

• Stephen Morris

Hi JimbobQ,

Thanks for that. I typically run with the formula:

vNetResult = Inner Temp - Outer Temp

if the vNetResult is less than 0C then Decrease Negative Camber
if the vNetResult is greater than 5C Increase Negative Camber

Otherwise (vNetResult > 0C) and (vNetResult < 5C) = Tyres good

So no issues with ensuring inner temps are hotter. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back