1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disapperance & "Increasing Inside/Outside Tire Temp

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Stephen Morris, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

Long time no see, recently picked up a wheel and getting accustomed to it. Switched from Honda to BMW E90 so have also had to get used to that. Finally popped on the tracks yesterday - way too many nutters on the public servers now.

Anyways, I've also been returning to basics and learning/creating my own custom setups. I am having an issue with my tire temps, the middle tire temperatures are consistently much higher than my inner/outside temperatures. I've gone from the stock setup and altered the camber to get the inner/outer temps within 5*C. However, whilst my temps can be around 79C - one of the tires is reaching 100C whilst the others are reaching >10C than inner/outer. I've consistently dropped the pressure to decrease the temp but still no avail.

Any help?

2. hmmm, usually if i decrease tyre pressure it is getting the middle of the tyre temp between outer and inner, thats the only way i know to do it.....
  3. neo is right
  4. Thanks for the replies.

This is what I thought and so have consistently dropped the pressure but even at the lowest pressure (160), the middle temp is extremely high - madness?!

So perhaps any advice on how to relatively increase the inner/outer temps may help to bring the temps into working range. BTW, am I correct that the best temp I'm looking for is 80C?

5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

some tracks do that to the temp.. like oschersleben it get extremely hot.. but on what track did you tested it Stephen?
  6. Got it exactly right Stig - I was testing on Oschersleben. But should this be happening? I thought the middle temp should always be within the inner/outer temp.

7. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

inner of tyre should be hottest
  8. Hi JimbobQ,

Thanks for that. I typically run with the formula:

vNetResult = Inner Temp - Outer Temp

if the vNetResult is less than 0C then Decrease Negative Camber
    if the vNetResult is greater than 5C Increase Negative Camber

Otherwise (vNetResult > 0C) and (vNetResult < 5C) = Tyres good

So no issues with ensuring inner temps are hotter. :)
  9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

keep the outside of tyre only 10C lower than inside anymore and tyre wont be much good