Disabling assists in Amateur

The single biggest change I want to see in R3E is the ability to disable TC in amateur race servers. Maybe someone with sector3 will hear me one day. I understand why amateur is a preset and I have no problem with people using it, but I think it's ridiculous that amateur servers force you to use aids. For some reason, the server with the most people in it online is almost always an amateur server. I would to join it, but I just can't stand the feel of TC in R3E.
Every other game I know allows you to disable aids, why not R3E? Some might argue that disabling TC would give you an advantage. Yes. Thats the point. That's the incentive to practice until you no longer need the aids. Would anyone else like to see this changed?

Would anyone else like to see this changed?

No, I wouldn't. From what I understand, the physics in all three modes are identical. The only differences are the number of assists which are enabled to help drivers keep their cars on the track and facing in the right direction. If people could jump into Novice/Amateur servers and disable their own assists, then it would give them a ridiculous advantage and completely negate the entire purpose of having difficulty restricted servers. That point is to keep the playing field level, allowing novices to race novices, amateurs to race amateurs, and pros to race pros.

I do sympathise with you not being able to find a full server to race on, but that's life... I guess there are more amateurs than pros out there. (Or maybe more control pad users than wheel users?)

I dont care to see anything change either, theres reasons for the the difficulty settings and there to even the playing field for different skill levels.....when raceroom first launched its main goal was to have a racing title with multiple assists to help draw newcomers to the genre and help develope them into decent simracers....amateur to get real mode.
The game has changed directions in the past yr but that part stands.
Peak times for mp is during uk prime time as theres quit a few servers of all levels running....dies off during north american prime time sadly but so do a majority of sims, especially for those living on the west coast like myself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back