• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Dirt rally wont' start with Oculus

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Sheep85, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Sheep85

Sheep85

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

i have a little problem; i bought a CV1, and i would like to play Dirt Rally (Steam version) with it.
    I'm unable to start the game in VR.. i power on my CV1 , press "play" on steam, but the game start only in my monitor, black screen in cv1.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong?
    Can i try to force the game to start in my Oculus editing some files?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english :)
    Marco

2. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Have you tried starting Dirt Rally via the Dirt Rally VR version link in Steam ?

3. Nickl561

Nickl561
    Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    ive got the same problem but i dont have a Dirt Rally VR link ?? why is that ??

4. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Dirt Rally VR link is down at the bottom of your games list . in the area titled VR

5. Lexrax

Lexrax
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    Install Steam VR , reboot. Start up Dirt Rally then Shut down Dirt Rally , Uninstall Steam VR , Reboot . Start up Dirt Rally and it should force into the Oculous Rift display. That is what i did, but then again i updated to the BETA/BETA version of Oculous from within OH app. It`s somewhere in the settings , last page i believe.

Make sure the OVR Service Launcher and OVR_Server_X64 or OVR_Server_X32 are running from within task manager and that the Occulous application is OPEN !!!!!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017