DiRT Rally DiRT Rally out on Steam Early Access

Codemasters has surprised everyone with today's launch of Dirt Rally on Steam, under the Early Access label.

Judging from the official Steam Announcement, Dirt Rally features at launch (which is right now) 17 cars and 36 stages taken from 3 different locations (Monte Carlo, Acropolis and Wales).

SEE ALSO: Brand New Community Made DiRT Rally Videos

As you can see from the announcement, one of the biggest bullet points is "Simulation Handling". While we still haven't tried it yet, Codemasters definitely seems to be aiming for a more unforgiving driving model, with a "brand new model that simulates everything from the way the surface of the road behaves to limited slip differentials." Exactly how sim-like it will be remains to be seen, but it's indeed a good start.

Dirt Rally will also feature asynchronous events, team management providing improved repair times, league support.

Dirt Rally is currently in Early Access and available for the price of 26,99€, and it's going to receive new content in the form of cars, tracks and features for free.

Are you surprised as well by the Codies' announcement? Let us know your opinion in the comments!
DiRT_Rally_Announce_06.jpg

I have to digest it before commenting on it.
It sure ain't Dirt sequel (4) but you can't compare it to RBR.
And to people who are having trouble with steering try adjusting wheel profiler settings.
I use G27 and changed rotation degrees from 900 to 270 and the steering got much better. And I draged all sliders (in game) under the FFB setting to 100%.

Well im having super fun! :) The stages are awsome! Real rally feeling.

If the FFB gets better and im sure it will, especially if modders get there hands on it i think i have my new rally game! I feel how much i have missed this since the original Collin rally games. Its fun that al i can say for now! :)

The whole its hard must be a sim is seriously flawed.. Please RBR was the most realistic Rally sim we had, but it wasn't exactly the most authentic. It just was the closest.

So... I never stated that it must be hard to be a sim.
I never said RBR is perfect.

I just said that the idea that if two people disagree, and one know that he/she have experience. Then the other can't have experience, is wrong.

It's easy to assume things online, just as you seemingly assumed that I have lot of opinions I never have stated.

My small review.

The good:

the FFB is THERE! (you need to set up your wheel properly and find good settings first)
it has nothing to do with previous dirt series
awesome graphics
already very very fun!

The bad:
not many options and settings for the FFB.
still lots of things to improve and work on

Conclusion!
a must have title! for sure! :)

remember as well that these guys want our feedback,if somethings not right then tell them dont just moan on forums.
That they all of a sudden adapt the Early Access philosophy doesn't mean that the company is interested to hear your feedback / opinion. In the past they have ignored valuable feedback over and over again and I am very skeptical that this now at once has changed over night.

You can say your are interested to hear feedback but acting upon it is a totally different thing. The early access hype train worked great for PCars and Assetto Corsa and it's a good idea to follow this strategy.

But lets see what the outcome is. Will monitor it closely that's for sure :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%