DiRT Rally DiRT Rally out on Steam Early Access

Codemasters has surprised everyone with today's launch of Dirt Rally on Steam, under the Early Access label.

Judging from the official Steam Announcement, Dirt Rally features at launch (which is right now) 17 cars and 36 stages taken from 3 different locations (Monte Carlo, Acropolis and Wales).

SEE ALSO: Brand New Community Made DiRT Rally Videos

As you can see from the announcement, one of the biggest bullet points is "Simulation Handling". While we still haven't tried it yet, Codemasters definitely seems to be aiming for a more unforgiving driving model, with a "brand new model that simulates everything from the way the surface of the road behaves to limited slip differentials." Exactly how sim-like it will be remains to be seen, but it's indeed a good start.

Dirt Rally will also feature asynchronous events, team management providing improved repair times, league support.

Dirt Rally is currently in Early Access and available for the price of 26,99€, and it's going to receive new content in the form of cars, tracks and features for free.

Are you surprised as well by the Codies' announcement? Let us know your opinion in the comments!
DiRT_Rally_Announce_06.jpg

Getting back to sensations and grips provided by various surfaces let's take this gameplay footage from DR under concern:
You're a funny guy. At the moment I saw this rainy stage I was relieved about the title and I thought you referred to something very positive, namely; that the physics can be indeed credible when you use these wet physics for the dry gravel stages ;)

Just tested this sim, quite good and realistic. Tarmac wet grip feel was unrealistic, Tarmac surface is not ready that's for sure. But dirt surface was amazing. I'm not so big Rally game fan but his one is ok, I like those B-group cars, yammy, maybe too easy to drive atm LOL. Ther's still too many little bugs with menu navigation but early access so it will be perfect, it's better than RBR ever...thanks!

I have to say after the FFB tweaks the game is so much more enjoyable. I had given up on it and was just waiting on RallyCross but now it's once again fun to actually get in and drive. It still doesn't feel as good as it should with a wheel at 900 degrees of rotation, but it's a great first step with hopefully more to come in the future.

I have to say after the FFB tweaks the game is so much more enjoyable. I had given up on it and was just waiting on RallyCross but now it's once again fun to actually get in and drive. It still doesn't feel as good as it should with a wheel at 900 degrees of rotation, but it's a great first step with hopefully more to come in the future.

There's an option now on the advanced settings that automatically gives you the right rotation, you just leave your wheel at 900, like iracing.

There's an option now on the advanced settings that automatically gives you the right rotation, you just leave your wheel at 900, like iracing.

If you mean the soft lock I have that enabled, but there's still a few cars that need around 270 degrees from center (or more) to make it around some of the acute or hairpin corners. Not the end of the world, and still miles better than it was before, but still an issue.

Well I am getting the error 41 problem with this new patch that is supposed to have fixed it.
The funny thing is, I have never got that error with any other version, so the version designed to fix it has actually broken it for me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.