DiRT 4 Dirt Rally connection to Dirt4?

yep, the game side is truly nice but the driving experience sadly is a step down from dirt rally. however, as i said somewhere else, the abilty to produce endless stages quickly is a gamechanger, no other rally game will want to not have it in the future. here's hoping we will get club tournament functions anytime soon, would be perfect for communities like RD. Now, we are limited to 8 players in one rally.

Well, it's not all bad about the driving experience and there are some improvements, the weather system is a big one, visually more realistic and heavy rain affects greatly the behaviour of the cars, more than in DR.
Also weight transfer is much better and finally the cars don't become some crazy balls that starts bouncing around the track every time you clip some small side road objects, like if the cars don't have any weight; and that is what I particularly hate of DR, it's so unrealistic and at the same time punitive.

Last edited:
It's in between Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally. It simulates some aspects of driving better than DR, but also gets grip levels very wrong. It has poor optimization for the visuals it delivers and lacks content. It's a poor product not worth full price.

Also weight transfer is much better and finally the cars don't become some crazy balls that starts bouncing around the track every time you clip some small side road objects, like if the cars don't have any weight; and that is what I particularly hate of DR, it's so unrealistic and at the same time punitive.
That's exactly why I'm sticking with Dirt 4 even though I'm not very happy with it.

Same guys, a different game, more a mix between DiRT 2 and DR than a true sequel of DR.
But that's not a bad thing, in fact in my opinion it's a much better game (game, not simulator).

I don't see a difference between the physics in DiRT Rally and DiRT4. Maybe because I'm on a console, but I think some opinions are clouded by the fluff. If you play each game, side by side, as I have, blindfolded (which I have not) then I dare you to tell me which is which. Could they have moved in a better direction? Probably. But those physics were near perfect, and there was no need to "improve" them. What they did improve was, IMO, what needed improving, like the stages, and expanding the short dirt track races, like RallyCross and Land Rush. Land Rush is brilliant. I doubt there will be a better oval dirt release this year. And everyone I know wanted to be able to rally race on line. Now they can.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back