DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT Rally 2.0 Announcement Tomorrow?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT Rally 2.0.jpg

Recent teaser images suggest a sequel to the very popular DiRT Rally could be announced by Codemasters tomorrow.

DiRT Rally took sim racing fans by surprise back in 2015, releasing to Steam Early Access without so much as a clue as to its existence and providing a welcome return to a more simulation focussed take on the world of loose surface racing than had been the case of late.

Following up DiRT Rally with the less successful DiRT 4, it very much looks like Codemasters have a nice treat up their sleeve with various postings of "2.0" across the Codemasters social media platforms, including tweets from both the FIA WRX and the son of World Rallycross champion Petter Solberg.. indicating that a new version of the rally and rallycross title might well be in the works...

DiRT 2.0 FB Teaser.png

With speculation running rife as to exactly what this could mean, and almost as importantly when we will find out more, Codemasters have just revealed the image at the top of this article, accompanied by confirmation that an announcement is incoming tomorrow at 10:30BST...

Not long to find out what's happening. Let's get DiRTy!

DiRT Rally is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC right now.

If you want to discussion the game with our passionate community, and read about the latest news, check out the RaceDepartment DiRT Rally sub forum for a great place to pick up mods, catch the latest news and chat about the game with our community. Give it a go, just keep it DiRTy!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to the upcoming announcement? Do you think it will be DiRT Rally 2.0? Let us know in the comments section below!

Really sceptic about this since codemasters (as a dedicated race game developer) is totally ignoring Virtual Reality in all its recent releases.

So until it's confirmed it has VR support, i'm not interested.
Right, and if they ignore VR, what else are they not including that Sim-racer's like to have? Better FFB to work with DD-wheels / broad controller support / triple-monitor support / something beyond the most rudimentary D-box support with actual settings (?)

CM has shown us that they simply do not understand Sim-racing or, they just don't care enough to be bothered trying to appeal to us beyond the advertising stage. I hope I'm very wrong about that but, it's certainly how I felt after Dirt4.

Triple monitor and motion rig are confirmed to be in. Controllers are also in. Releasing on xbox and ps4 at the same time with pc.
Sadly i have not heard about DD wheels. According to jimmy broadbent, it works great in DR but it was a nightmare in D4 to set up. Although i have recently heard about pressing F1? in device selection to force the game or something.

Triple monitor and motion rig are confirmed to be in. Controllers are also in. Releasing on xbox and ps4 at the same time with pc.
Sadly i have not heard about DD wheels. According to jimmy broadbent, it works great in DR but it was a nightmare in D4 to set up. Although i have recently heard about pressing F1? in device selection to force the game or something.
I have both my wheels working in Dirt Rally but, the SimCommander FFB does a better job than the game-FFB does imo.

Dirt4 gave me quite a few issues getting them working and then after I had things setup fairly decent, there was either an update or the setups were not saved so I lost them again. It's just not worth the effort and frustration trying to make them work. CM so does not get how to design for proper controller support and make it reliable - especially where the non-mainstream gear is involved.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%