DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Rallycross Trailer Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4 Rallycross.jpg

Codemasters have created a new trailer for the upcoming DiRT 4 game, this time featuring the incredibly popular Rallycross game mode.

Benefitting from the official FIA World Rallycross licence, Codemasters have built upon the original inclusion of the series from the previous DiRT Rally game and expanded upon what was already a solid baseline, this time adding more tracks from the official FIA World Rallycross schedule. Now including a total of five unique loose surface locations from Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill, the game also looks set to include a "multitude of different series" alongside the official FIA World Rallycross cars.

Somewhat bizarrely the new trailer doesn't come directly from Codemasters themselves, with the video hosted by EB Games Canada, however the footage does look to be of a good quality and official in its presentation so I thought it worth a post here at RD.

With DiRT 4 just a couple of short weeks away from release on June 9th, it won't be long until we can find out for ourselves... Be fearless people!

DiRT 4 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 June 9th 2017.

Check out the DiRT 4 sub forum at RaceDepartment for news and discussions about the upcoming new Codemasters release.

Looking forward to checking out Rallycross in DiRT 4? Do you have high hopes for the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

I'm quite surprised by how much Rallycross has taken off in the last few years as a must-have across sims. Personally, I have an awful time of it in DiRT Rally, so it's not a big selling point for me on DiRT 4, but considering how ridiculously fun it was in fictionalized form in DiRT 3, maybe the Gamer handling will be a bit more palatable to me than getting spun out in Sim form.

Looking forward to checking out Rallycross in DiRT 4?
Not really. The Rallycross was horrible in Dirt Rally, tarmac physics bad, tracks bland, and while having the license it's almost ridiculous that they don't have more tracks. For Rallycross i am eagerly awaiting Pcars 2, having way better tarmac physics - even if they don't exceed pC1 - , more tracks, more sim focus, and the livetrack feature which is very important both in the dry and in the wet. And it looks stunning. Probably a buying reason for Pcars 2 alone in the first sale, even if they don't match the likes of R3E or AMS on the simulation side of things. On the other side definitely not a feature that can sell Dirt 4 for me.
Do you have high hopes for the game?
If the physics didn't get worse/more arcady then in Dirt Rally, and the stage generator works as advertised, then yes. Big Rally fan, and apart from the lack of stages i already quite liked Dirt Rally.

Basically RX looking pretty good but I have to admit that only two new locations are disappointing. Hopefully there will be some more as dlc's but tbh the announced content isn't enough for a full prize game.
Can't understand why they own proudly RX license and only bring that less content.
A really no-go Codemasters.

T

tunaphis

• tunaphis

Isn't World RX big enough to stand alone without needing 1/2 a rally game? Why do CodeMasters even like RX considering the low player turnout for Dirt Rally RX,Online RX was a ghost town most days.How come Rally is always bundled with these somewhat related motorsports,If you buy a golf game it doesn't come with hockey and cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't World RX big enough to stand alone without needing 1/2 a rally game? Why do CodeMasters even like RX considering the low player turnout for Dirt Rally RX,Online RX was a ghost town most days.How come Rally is always bundled with these somewhat related motorsports,If you buy a golf game it doesn't come with hockey and cricket.

That wasn't the point I wanna indicate it's more the fact that 3 RX locations are still existing in Dirt Rally.
Can't confirm that RX mode is a ghost town in MP mode, a lot of participation there with many funny races.
But okay it's like how it is but as mentioned for that hyped license it's simply not enough. ;)

yeah it's a strange decision to not include it from the start, can only guess they have a deadline for release so had to prioritise in other areas. If it comes post release I will check it out, thanks for the reply :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000