• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

DirectX version - moving off 9

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Stingraymx, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Stingraymx

Stingraymx

Ratings:
    +22
    A fresh install of Windows 7 gave me Directx 11, however my old video card (Radeon 2900) only supports to 10 as far as I know,
    So SCE wouldn't run (missing dll) until I ran the Directx installer within the SCE folders, which installed version 9.

Is there a way to upgrade it to 10?

Sceconfig shows 9 in use, whereas Windows reports that 11 is installed.. I believe 10 was meant to improve things over 9 so would like the run the latest my card can support
    Thx

2. s2173

s2173

Ratings:
    +18
    No, SCE is programmed to run directx 9 only. As are rfactor, rfactor 2, RR3E and Race07. Assetto Corsa and Project Cars use directx11.

If, for example, a game ran directx 10... it would do so to take advantage of the extra shaders and effects of that version of directx, so it wouldn't actually be a performance improvement.

3. Stingraymx

Stingraymx

Ratings:
    +22
    Ah brilliant....thanks for that info. I'll get on with playing it rather than worrying then !!