Dimensions race sim ?

I am building my own racing sim. Are there drawings showing the height of the steering wheel and monitor in relation to your body ?
Should the centerline monitor be at eye level ?
What is the angle of the steering wheel ?

Thanks in advance for the responses !

Hey. The top of my wheel rim is covering the lower third(ish) of the center monitor, thats what suits me the best. T300 with GTE rim.

Yes, ideally the monitor centerline should be at eye level.

Angle of the wheel depends on taste. I have mine at the default factory setting.

Upvote 0
You could take some measurements from your car to beginn with.
But keep room for alterations, in the past year I´ve change EVERY measurement.
Thats the big advantage of a DIY rig, everything is up to you.

And you could search for sim seating position or the like, i remenber at least on site on
"sim ergonomics".
But i´m too lazy to google it for you :rolleyes:

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
The right steering wheel height and angle depends very much on the kind of car you are trying to mimic with your racing rig, which is also closely related to the position of your seat. My advice is to go for something which is versatile, in the sense that can go well with any simulated car. So, something in the middle between a F1 car and street car will be a good idea. And most important of all, when designing your rig and deciding the position of the different elements, try to make it comfortable and efficient. If you cannot do tests before building your rig, take a look at photos of cockpits of rally cars or GT cars. That will give you an idea of the best driving position.

Upvote 0
I based my home built rig on the dimensions on the trakracer website.

dimen.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play