Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by oppolo, Nov 4, 2013.
have WTCC cars a diffuser?
The rules regarding bodywork seem to imply a desire for the cars to have a showroom stock appearance. Plenty of notes on allowable openings and closures to the front bumper and bonnet but nothing on the rear.
No adjustment in the sim.
seeing them in the rear it seems they haven't a diffuser, so the rows in the HDCs concerning the diffuser should be removed
in your opinion brake ducts should be adjustable?
The WTCC cars seem to be the heart of Race 07. A peek at the BMW's will show that all is not perfect. So many other car classes have brake and radiator ducts as well as sensitive suspension components to play with. I think the WTCC cars, like the Mini's, are for drivers.
The FIA's rule allows brake ducts but I sense that the opening is not really as large as one might want it if given a chance to really cool the brakes. Since you cannot make the opening any larger going smaller will not get you there. You can overheat the brakes in the sim, it requires driving to control it properly.
I see a difference to what happens when the brakes overheat in the different class cars. The WTCC cars just lose a bit of brake power, possibly also because the tires also overheat as well and lose a bit of grip from the hard driving. In a different class car a locked brake usually occurs on a single wheel and the car is turned by this lateral imbalance, more pronounced and damaging usually.
I use changeble weather, in the first race of 2006 Champ, Monza, with air at 14°, brakes reach 450° in the hardest braking, I made brake duct adjustable and with brakes at 550° I did earn 0.7 sec. Maybe in real they use different brake pads, here in the game the only possibility is the brake duct modifying the HDC.
I made also radiator duct settable, because at Monza and 14° I couldn't reach the optimum engine temp.
Yes, all is not perfect, checking the power of the engines with Physic Editor for Rfactor, values of power and torque didn't match with the values in CAR files