1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Diecast Model Cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Okari_86, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Recently, my girlfriend bought me a few model cars for Christmas.

I've ordered a few more, and it got me thinking; who else here collects scale models? From any make and and scale/type.

Show 'em off!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've been building scale model kits since I was about 13. This one is a Tamiya kit of Mario Andretti's Lotus 79, as it appeared at the 1978 British GP... right now it's the only one of mine worth showing, as all the other ones are pretty shoddily-put together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I really want a Mika Hakkinen MP4-13 model as well as a Michael Schumacher F2004 model.

It's a shame the only thing in America closest to F1 merchandise was a toddler Ferrari F1 car. :( If I have a son, I hope he likes racing like I do, I would buy him that car.

4. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i collect model cars too. I have a small colectio of GT and LM-Pcars,a peugeot 908, 905, Audi R10, Ferrari 550 GT1, Aston-Martin DBR-9 GT1, Lamborghini Murcielago GT1, Fod GT40 mkII andmost recently i bought a LM-p1 Oreca Matmut, among others. I can share some photos of them if you guys want ​

5. I have about 20 - 25 plus some planes, mostly 1/18 autoart. I'll make a list. There was a thread on here a while back that had people's pictures of their models.

6. I was asking a friend today, he owns a model shop in town, and apparently they're getting a batch of Autoart 1:18s and 1:43s in. Having the XJ13 already, I'll take a look.

Also, I have got a small collection of hotwheels and matchbox cars, they're quite nice.