F1 2011 Did AI follow Parc Ferme Setup rules ??

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
This is a hard one to check....
I had a career race recently where the quali was wet and the race was dry (China).
The AI were blitzing me in wet quali. I follow parc ferme and knew the race was going to be dry so i qualified with a dry set up.
It seemed to me that during the race the AI seemed slower than usual. But, the only way to check would be to compare the AI lap times from a wet quali dry race with AI lap times from a a dry quali dry race.
Maybe some one has done this already and will post their results.

Ic. I gonna start my first season 3rd race in China but since the competition is way too easy i considering to follow Parc Ferme rule to having same setup in Q & race (imagine my Lotus make it into Q3 finish 3rd & 2nd in the last 2 races vs legend AI) but i wondering if AI do that as well.
I do check the real 2011 F1 season quali vs race fastest lap time and usually the different is between 5s+- for 58 laps but in my 1st race M.Schumacher win the race with 1:24.909 just 0.759 slower than his quali / 2nd race Malaysia N.heidfeld win the race with 1:33.362 just 1.716 slower than his quali :rolleyes: So what you think about the lap time like this ?? :rolleyes:

I think Parc Ferme rule is not apply if the weather change from dry to wet or vice versa, mean you can have different setup if the weather change ..
http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8685/
The only exception to this is when there is a "change in climatic conditions", for example a dry qualifying session followed by a wet race, or vice versa. In this case the FIA will give the teams permission to make further appropriate changes to their cars.

I don't think the AI uses any kind of setup. It's just and AI. Actually I think it's only A without the I :)
Then what you think about the AI fastest lap time between quali & race which i mention above?? To me its weird they can race so fast and just 1s-2s slower than their quali time consider they cant use the drs as will in race .

I think Parc Ferme rule is not apply if the weather change from dry to wet or vice versa, mean you can have different setup if the weather change ..
http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8685/
The only exception to this is when there is a "change in climatic conditions", for example a dry qualifying session followed by a wet race, or vice versa. In this case the FIA will give the teams permission to make further appropriate changes to their cars.
Though, In real races, hasn't been applied, ive seen one race cant remember where the commentators said, the setup wasn't changed due to the Parc ferme rules. so im not sure

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back