Ha, let's not go too far!

Max annoys me, probably because of all the hype, hype, hype and more hype.

But I do think he's good, exciting to watch, good for the sport.

He's making mistakes, and he's not accepting responsibility - not in public anyway. But what drivers ever did? Prost? No. Senna? No. Mansell, Piquet, Schumacher, Maldonardo, Rosberg, Vettel? No.

Right now, I think he probably is a dickhead. But that doesn't mean I don't think he has the talent to compete at the pinnacle.

It's exceedingly obvious that Max is to blame here. You must always leave a car width, and he certainly didn't, and I can't find a rule anywhere that says you must "back off" if you are pushed out or, indeed, if your opponent's nose is ahead. You always have the right to a car width. There is no need for a drive-through as Max served it via puncture.

The thing is... it's possible that he could have passed him anyway. Verstappen is seriously fast, but way, way too hot-headed for anyone's sake.

You see the front collided before hand.
EKAYygF.jpg

The line is already super wide, Hamilton line & current position doesn't make much sense to actually keep fighting for position.
nfWESK3.jpg

That's the critical part to choose being a dishonest or being honest. :rolleyes:
mhbb2Bm.jpg

It would have been way more honest to show a continuous video.

I think it's very clear that contact was made a bit later than some of you insist.
There is absolutely no need for Max to push that much, I think he was past him already. Very silly decision. Anyway, there is no excuse for not leaving a car width.

• Deleted member 113561

You see the front collided before hand.
EKAYygF.jpg

The line is already super wide, Hamilton line & current position doesn't make much sense to actually keep fighting for position.
nfWESK3.jpg

That's the critical part to choose being a dishonest or being honest. :rolleyes:
mhbb2Bm.jpg
Your interpretation is bullshit
At turn in Hamilton was ahead (and during braking same height), he had the RIGHT to fight it and Verstappen had NO RIGHT to go that wide, leave no space and try to force him off the track.

Hamilton even tried to avoid it, you can't even blame him cause he had the right to be there.
I suggest you take a look into F1 rules.

As said before, we saw these kinda moves a lot from him in the past, especially running people off the track. It has to stop and I was cheering loud when I saw he got a puncture from it. Karma got served.

It suprises me to see that there are so many FIA stewards here at racedepartment.
The real FIA stewards said RACING INCIDENT and they have penalized Verstappen a lot for other incidents.

It suprises me to see that there are so many FIA stewards here at racedepartment.
The real FIA stewards said RACING INCIDENT and they have penalized Verstappen a lot for other incidents.
Finaly someone with brains. This stupid discussion is going nowhere. Max race was over, not Ham's. Why did Ham got so upset and use those words? The arogent prick!!!! I close my case!:whistling:

Or just people with opinions, posting who they think is to blame in a thread entitled 'Who's to blame'.

I love how the same people who are saying that all the drivers in F1 are whining all the time are the same who have kicked up all the fuss about the incident and why Hamilton shouldn't have called him a dickhead, etc. I personally think it was Verstappen's fault and he got karma for it, people should stop making up so many stupid little stories to make people seem much worse than they actually are...

Favourites, patriots and boys-of-the-fan variety aside - verstappen belongs in F1 without any doubt.
Has had some "terrible days at the office" like most others pros have (ricciardo incident, for example), but one should not forget that:
  • the 20yr old race driver has won 3 GPs already
  • LH and other top racers have referred to the dutchman as "the real deal"
Has some way to go to improve, but MV has future DC potential it is obvious.

One of my favorite fallacies. Unfortunately for you the rules are publicly available and are (on most cases) very clear.

Besides, judging from past decisions, I'm pretty sure I know the rules better than some of them.

Would you mind telling me (since the people who rated my post as "disagree" can't seem to bother) a single excuse for not leaving a car width in a battle? Oh, and then post the related article of the rules.

Max differently pushed Lewis out, but he did not leave the track. Meaning he could have made the turn if they didn't touch. I have done that move a few times and time I push the drive off the track I would get a penalty if I didn't push them off the track, it's like nothing happened. So I see this as a racing accident and I put the blame on no one.

There are 3 levels IMHO:
1) Pick inside/outside line, leave space for rival alongside. Even small mistakes giving other chance to react and stay on track is OK (both going off apex on U-turn)
2) Pick inside line, dive bomb crashing or forcing somebody out and get nothing. Should be penalized when regularly happen.
3) Pick inside line and push somebody out of track.

Last one is clearly out of logic and spirit of sport and meaningful competition, yet majority mutually consider it normal.
In case of "dickhead" move, it was worse in sense it was totally necessary nor expected:
a) Max was not overshooting, he had it under control
b) Max already "won next turn", pushing further was loosing his own speed
c) There were bunch of other cars around, he deliberately done despite risk of crash + no gains = pure anti sportsmanship (pick another word), even worse than "level 3"

PS Hamilton did it to Rosberg, while he had more respect to Button (McLaren days). Rosberg did worse to Hamilton (Austria). Kimi almost always fights with respect (nice and smart). Vettel always whines with no particular reason while in traffic.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.