1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Skins DHL Praga R1 1.0

DHL skin for the Praga R1, with Michelin tires + adidas driver textures.

1. formulaHEINE submitted a new resource:

DHL Praga R1 - DHL skin for the Praga R1, with Michelin tires + adidas driver textures.

Read more about this resource...

• Love Love x 1
  2. Top notch as always. Beautiful livery!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks amazing thank you! :thumbsup: I got a bit confused though. When i opened the skin.dds of both the standard and SD folder they are both 2048K even though the standard one is ~16MB and SD is ~4MB. Is that correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @Alex72
    Yup that's how it meant to be! The 'HD' has uncompressed 2K textures (8.8.8.8 dds) and the 'SD' uses2K DXT5 compression. 4K resolution don't add immersion for racing, it is just for screenshots and bragging. I find 2K uncompressed textures better than 4K compressed textures.
    And i use this 'extra work' for the general impression of the skin, as the model itself was to created with 2K resolution and a texture load of about 33 mb per car.
    The michelin tire textures for example have double the resolution than the original ones.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cheers man for the explanation, and it makes perfect sense. :) It was just because there were no resolution specified so i thought maybe the higher one was 4 or even 8K so i checked the files due to that to be sure.

Thanks again. Absolutely stunning livery.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fast Furman

Fast Furman
    Premium Member

SWEET

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

Number one Heine livery for me. Got me a nice challenge here :D

• Agree Agree x 1