1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFGT settings?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Hal Burns, Jun 24, 2015.

1. After the new FFB patch, I am a bit lost. Anyone with a DFGT got settings that they like?
    Are you running Logitech Profiler and starting the game from there? ( for this game, as suggested in these forums, I am running 100% damping and 900 degree steering), defaults in Dirt Rally. I have messed with steering torque with no real joy and have Soft Lock on.
    I am finding the steering vague with lots of input required and the FFB pretty weak...no feel at all on tarmac, like you are driving on ice. ( The Ice is actually better).
    I'm thinking of setting the steering tighter in Profiler ( 360 as in many other games) to avoid having to spin the wheel around like a madman in the woods.
    Any tips appreciated...maybe start a DFGT thread here.
  2. Based on my experiences with Thrustmaster wheels since the patch, and my memories from when I was using a DFGT, I would suggest:
    - turn off damping
    - turn off soft lock
    - experiment with degrees of rotation between 360-540 in drivers (or leave the drivers at 900 an adjust steering saturation in game... 40%-60% saturation is the same as adjusting 360-540 in drivers)
    - consider increasing things like self-aligning torque, suspension or collisions above 100% (they go up to 150% max) just to see what the end result is
  3. Good tips......thanks
  4. Had a bit of a fiddle...getting there...will post results when I'm happier. A long way to go yet, I think......I loaded up Raceroom after and had a go around Macau.....yeah, baby, nice FFB there. I'm hoping that once the tarmac stages (Germany) get done that they will sort the FFB out in Dirt Rally....it's holding back a great game.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Installed the Impact FFB mod....great improvement...I can work with that. Thanks for the tip.