Dennis Hirrle strengthens Mak-Corp Racing

Mak-Corp has made the biggest driver acquisition of the summer by signing former world champion Dennis Hirrle for the remaining season.

After hectic negotiations the team management is proudly able to announce the signing of star driver Dennis Hirrle, who will take the seat alongside Mikko Puumalainen in the Mak-Corp Racing car. Hirrle is a much welcomed force to the team, which despite the recent podium of Puumalainen has struggled to find a regular driver in the second seat and thus to produce consistent results.
By signing Hirrle, the team meanwhile secured seven years of experience in the FSR peak category. The German was able to secure his world championship title as early as in 2005, followed by a championship runner-up position in 2009. Additionally, Hirrle's 11 world championship wins in 2005 remains a league record.
As per team policy no further terms of the agreement were disclosed.

Dennis Hirrle
commented:
"After Bruno decided to probably not race anymore this year, things were a bit tough at NetRex as I had no one to test with, and with limited practice time it is then really difficult to set up the car properly and enjoy the races. Therefore I was looking for another option and Precision had a seat available alongside my best Finn Mikko. It´s a bit funny to join the team that over a few years was
the main opponent of myself and my old mates. For me as a comparison it´ll be interesting to see how the team is working, I know some of the guys quite well since several years and we´ll get along fine. My situation hasn´t changed, I mainly want to enjoy racing, with a competitive car, and I hope I can soon help the team achieve its goals with the experience I can offer."

Team Manager Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"Dennis is historically one of the best FSR drivers with vast knowledge and experience. Naturally it will need some time to getting used to having him in the team, as he has mentioned, we have basically been rivals since 2006, but things change and I am glad to welcome him in the team. Silverstone will be for him more or less a race to get used to everything again and from then on, we will attempt a charge to catch Twister Racing's P2 in the constructors championship."

Team Owner Johannes Kunkel commented:
"The work in the team hasn´t been ideal the last couple of races and that´s why we had to look for a change. One option was to sign a new driver to the team, and luckily the situation with Dennis and his previous team gave us the possibility to sign him. It´s great to have him in the team, he´s a very experienced simracer and I´m sure after some time to settle in he will become a very valuable part of the team."

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back