Default TC65 @ GP200 - Thu 12th July

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Default TC65 cars (excluding Mini Cooper S)
Track: GP 200 International (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time:
GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time:
GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time:
GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps)

Note1: Default Vehicles & skins only.
Note2: You must install this file into your GTL/Gamedata/Locations/GP200 folder (Download) This contains the fixed gp200.gbd file.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Roland Warmenhoven
  3. Peter Van Zanten
  4. Rupe Wilson
  5. Hans Sneep
  6. Tudor Morris
  7. Warren Dawes
  8. Senad Subasic
  9. David Cuthill
  10. Jacob Boonstra
  11. Ian Strom
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Another very enjoyable morning's GTL racing again. :)
Best news was that the Track Fix worked like a charm, well done Stu. This is fast becoming a favourite of mine, a great combo of long fast bits mixed with tight twisty bits, and also some nice undulations to keep everyone on their toes. A very classy design IMO. :thumbsup:

After running the Mini last week, I was keen to try some heavy V8 power on this track, so started practice with an old favourite, the Mustang. On TS, someone started mentioning the Falcon, and since I don't recall driving it much (if at all), I decided to give it a go. It had even more grunt down that longish straight, but was less civilised on the twisty stuff. What the hell, let's try it out. :ninja:

Race 1: Fluked pole. Even managed a decent start and rocketed away from the crowd to lead early, there's nothing like V8 power. My fellow "Falcon" Teammate, Roland, pulled off another of his ninja starts and grabbed P2. I thought, this might work out well, Roland should make life difficult for the other guys in their nimble Alfa's and Cortina's, the Falcon would be an ocean liner to pass here, especially with all that power on the straight. So it proved to be, for the first half of the race, Roland kept them tucked in behind while I scooted away to a sizeable lead. After about 8 laps I noticed that Eck and some others had finally cleared Roland, but I had about 13 secs on them by then, so it was now all about whether I could keep the beast on the road, or when would the tyres melt. With 2 laps to go, the tyres were screaming for mercy, but I was able to bring it home for a comfy win. It's been a long time since I did that. :)
Well done to Rupe and Tudor for the podium.

Race 2: Took the Cortina this time, didn't have the strength to run another v8. Fluked pole again :speechless:.
This time I had Roland beside me, and as usual, he jumped away in front. I managed to tuck in to his coat tails but had Tim hounding my rear end. The loooong pattern of the race then unfolded. I glued myself to Roland's boot but took ages to shake off Tim (he must have taken on board all the advice he received during the week ;) ). Roland and I had a cracker of a race, I pestered his tail as best I could, it was amazing how closely matched his Alfa and my Cortina were around here. I had a tiny edge through the twisty uphill chicanes, but he always had slightly better drive out on to the main straight. For the entire race, all I saw was his boot and tail lights, but we were steadily opening a nice gap on those behind. So, I had to just wait and hope Roland would make a mistake. I waited, waited, waited, ........waited,..... nothing, Roland wasn't flinching, and driving an excellent race.
Sadly, with a few laps to go, I misjudged the gap as we entered the main straight, and ever so lightly touched his rear bumber, but it was enough to unsettle him and spin him into the fence. Very sorry Roland. :redface: I waited for Roland to extracate himself from the barrier, and off we went again to resume our past fun. Chris had slipped past us by now, but we both caught him over the final lap and had a nice close finish.
Grats to Chris, a win in his first GTL event here. :thumbsup: Well done Roland for P2, and thanks for a really great battle. :D

Thanks all who joined these races, and special thanks to Stu for organising and solving the Track length issue. I assume this will now unlock a few more favourite tracks that have been plagued by this little bug.

Ill keep it short and sweeet....:rolleyes:
Had good fun leading up to the race ..plenty of practice .. it really feels like a club with drivers all helping each other .. setups and help offered ... this is what makes gtl special for me ... lots of great banter on tspeak... connect up and listen you dont have to speak that much ...but you learn so much more...although im not a great lover of tlaking while racing i can see the benefits when used to assist/warn other drivers... and now it all adds to the fun.. but please remember to try and keep it to a minimum when in qually and race:D

Both races were great fun, lost it on the first lap in the Cortina and spent the rest of the race chasing you all down ... good fun and nice and clean..great fun with Eck, every corner there was this big block of metal in front of me i couldn't work out how to get by and keep in front ...this really teaches you about patience...
Race 2 was a role reversal but i was finding it hard in the Jag i was way off my pace and and was hoping for another great battle with the lighter cars... FAILED...

(Knut you missed some gooooood FUN):(
Nice one Warren:)
And well done Chris with a win ( feels good mmmmm):thumbsup:
thanks to all who raced, because its the clubs combined efforts that make this fun:notworthy:

Just made it and jumped in the Jaaaag for R1, which worked out how I expected. The Jag was not easy to drive round here, my fastest lap was 1:45.2 but I brought it home in 1 piece. Big props to Stuart in R2, who drove the Jag round in 1:40!

R2 and I took the Alfa, a couple of good laps, then lost it into T1. Just got out of Stuarts way as I was recovering from that. Brought it home 5th :)

Good work with the fix Stuart, 'cos this is an awesome track!

Oh dear, I just typed a nice long report of last nights racing, when I press some
wrong button and the page reloads... WITHOUT my report! :confused::mad: %*&$%&

Oh well, what was most important indeed, The fix has worked!! Great find Stuart,
even more so since others will probably prove fixable as well!

I picked a Falcon for race 1 as I expected that to suit this track even less than a
Jaaag, but hadn't accounted for the impact of the long straight on laptimes, or how
well this track would work for the heavy muscle cars in general.
I apologise to everyone who got stuck behind my fat ass in the twisty bits in race 1, only to be left behind in my dust on the long straight..:D And respect to Warren, who showed what a Falcon can do in capable hands. And you really didn't need that slowly moving chicane (me) behind you to win this one ;).

Race 2, well Warren said it all. Apart from a small interruption when I was slow on the throttle once, we had an ultimately close battle that lasted the whole race. Congratulations to Christopher, who surely knows how to make an impressive entrance to our little club! WD dude! And welcome back Tudor, hope you enjoyed..

Thank you all for a sweeet race night. Great track, great drivers, nice evenly spread choice of cars. Just great! :thumbsup:

Small car for R1 Heavy car R2, take the Abarth for R1 noing it was to slow for the rest of the field but it is so much fun,every time going over an down the hill had a smile when it going well (not all the time lol )

R2 with the Mustang trying to slide it through corners working most of the time but not always ha ha but good fun all so !
Fun Race on a Fun track Thanks Stuart,grats Podiums an all the guys for racing !:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back