Dedicated server FTP and results

So, there's few options on dedicated server that i need info of:

FTP and Live whatever it was (lazy, don't kike to fire new remote session to check what it was..) The ones with intervals.

How do they work? Where is the FTP info stored, passwords address etc.

How does the competition server mode work? (stupid head, not sure what it name was.. those who have fired a dedi before knows them from the first page that you usually gets skipped..)
First, what it is and how does it work. Info, links, whatever you can do, please help.

I have no experience with the FTP settings. Haven't got a clue why I should be using it. I have all I need, and can see all I need. It is supposed to be used for live reporting, but since I have my dedi server in-house, I don't need it.

The Competition mode is for online competition with Simbin site (leader boards). Can be read at: http://www.racedepartment.com/race-...ion-server-mode-race-07-dedicated-server.html

Using the search and google would have gotten you an answer a lot quicker. It took me 5 min to find out, all on first results from google.....

FTP is used to send the results to a 2nd location via FTP. How it exactly works in regards of password storage, I do not know. Try entering some FTP data (fake), and look in the plr and ini files. 10 to 1 it is in 1 of those.

Live something, as you called it :) does the following:
It creates a 2nd dedi log file (per session) and updates it every few seconds instead of just at the end of the session (like the main log files does). The update interval can be set via the INI file, i think. Would use it perhaps if you had a website that displayed updating stats during sessions?
(Quote from other website)

Like you, I am lazy as well, and since I am not planning on using FTP, I am not going to try and find out how the pass is stored :)

Hey, thanks for pointers, didn't thought of using dummy address and maybe then check for errors too.. I think i can use the Live report and hook up a scheduler bat to send FTP as i know that system. What i have in mind requires update only 5 minute intervals or so.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back