Cars De Tomaso P70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alguecool submitted a new resource:

De Tomaso P70 - A lost gem from the 60's

View attachment 728098

Hi everyone.

Here I present my take on car modding, with my very first model made for AC : The De Tomaso P70

View attachment 728101

First, a bit of history :

Towards the end of 1965, Alejandro de Tomaso, the owner of De Tomaso Automobili, decided to respond to criticism about the firm's Vallelunga lacking power. Carroll Shelby sourced for him a 289 Ford V8 engine, tuned up to 7L to provide around 475 hp at 7,300...

Read more about this resource...

The car turned out really nice. The only thing I noticed is that the tires dip a little into the asphalt. At first I thought I had a slight flat tire. Or maybe it's just an optical illusion? I tested the car at Silverstone (Kunos) if that helps. Still a really great job. Keep it up:thumbsup:

Thx so much! When I want to look at it in showroom I get this message:

Some texture’s format or size might be wrong.

Ingame it works though, so just saying maybe this is a helpful hint of some sort.

The car turned out really nice. The only thing I noticed is that the tires dip a little into the asphalt. At first I thought I had a slight flat tire. Or maybe it's just an optical illusion? I tested the car at Silverstone (Kunos) if that helps. Still a really great job. Keep it up:thumbsup:
Yeah, I overlooked it, thinking it may be due to engine calculation as for when I was testing it alongside a Kunos car, both were doing the same thing. It was probably due to the track (modded, my bad) more than the car, but that doesn't prevent the car to do it, too. It was naïve from me.

I will look into it and try to correct it for the next update.
I already have new lines of ext_config, a new car_paint for one of the liveries that turned out badly, and probably more in line for an update ^^

@TheBigHase Do you mean the game showroom or the CM showroom ? Because I don't have that message. One of the texture is not 1x1 format, the mirror, I choose to keep the mirror-placement tool if needed. That shouldn't have any impact as it is just a placeholder for the game engine to know where to put the mirror. Sorry if it gives you an error message...

Yeah, I overlooked it, thinking it may be due to engine calculation as for when I was testing it alongside a Kunos car, both were doing the same thing. It was probably due to the track (modded, my bad) more than the car, but that doesn't prevent the car to do it, too. It was naïve from me.

The only thing you really need to be sure of on your end is to make sure the radius in tyres.ini matches the radius in the 3d. If you sort that out and it still sinks into the track, it's a track issue.

@TheBigHase Do you mean the game showroom or the CM showroom ? Because I don't have that message. One of the texture is not 1x1 format, the mirror, I choose to keep the mirror-placement tool if needed. That shouldn't have any impact as it is just a placeholder for the game engine to know where to put the mirror. Sorry if it gives you an error message...
Yeah it's with the game showroom. Thx. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back